Methodological Expectations of Cochrane
Version 1.05 - last update January 2018
Standards for the conduct and reporting of new Cochrane Intervention Reviews, reporting of protocols and the planning, conduct and reporting of updates
Julian Higgins1, Toby Lasserson2, Jackie Chandler2, David Tovey2, Rachel Churchill3
1 Professor of Evidence Synthesis, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
2 Cochrane Editorial Unit, Cochrane, London, UK
3Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York, UK
These MECIR standards present a guide to the conduct and reporting of Cochrane Intervention Reviews. Each set of standards include links to Cochrane Training resources; the Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions (the Handbook) and other resources will be added as they are developed.
This online version will be kept up to date and there may be differences between the online, PDF and print versions. Any substantive changes will be noted here.
- Links to the updated Handbook (v5.2) chapter numbers 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 will download a PDF of the whole chapter - Archie log-in required. Links to all other chapters will take users to individual sections of the online Handbook (v5.1).
- Where links to external resources are included Cochrane Interactive Learning is referred to as 'CIL'.
- The standards can be downloaded as a PDF (v1.02).
- We welcome your feedback on this website. Please let us know of any useful resources. Any queries or notification of errors please contact Louisa Dunn.
- For general queries related to the MECIR standards please contact Jackie Chandler, Methods Co-ordinator.