We are pleased to announce that the fourth funding round of the Cochrane Review Support Programme (CRSP) pilot is now open.
There are two important changes to note with this round:
- The number of grants has been reduced to eight (16 grants in total for 2017).
- We will now offer an extended due date for complex reviews. The due date for standard intervention reviews remains the same and shall be not more than 12 months from the date of the award, however for reviews that include complex methodologies or topics, the due date shall be not more than 18 months from the date of the award.More details about the eligibility criteria for the extended due date are available in the guidance.
It is important that applications are made using the new form and guidance. Applications made using the old forms will not be accepted.
Key features of the programme:
- All Cochrane Review Groups may apply for the awards
- Groups may nominate no more than two titles – either new reviews or review updates – from the December 2016 version of the Cochrane Priority Review List. Titles added to the list after December 2016 cannot be proposed for this funding round
- 8 grants of £5,000 each will be awarded
- Reviews must be published a maximum of 12 or 18 months after the awards are notified
- All successful reviews must be submitted to the CEU screening prior to publication
- The funds are intended to accelerate publication of high priority reviews/updates that are already planned or underway and will therefore meet the publication deadline
- We will aim to decide the list of successful reviews and to have notified the applicants by mid-June 2017
Cochrane recognises that these awards are insufficient to meet the full costs of conducting reviews; rather, they are intended to facilitate and possibly accelerate publication of high priority reviews that are already planned or underway.
Applications close at 5pm GMT, Friday 19 May 2017.