Who are we? What’s special about us? How do we show that we are different?
Everyone who’s part of Cochrane will have similar answers for these questions. However, by agreeing on one shared version, we become a more recognizable, more united, and a more effective collaboration. This is what our brand does for us. It’s more than just a logo: it distills everything that’s great about Cochrane into one clear, strong identity.
Our visual identity is more than just a logo. It is a toolkit of parts designed to work in combination with each other. Together they provide Cochrane with a distinctive look and feel that can be applied across all media and communications materials.
Cochrane Groups each have their own logo and templates that help make up the Cochrane Community and brand.
Cochrane's brand re-structure is a Strategy to 2020 initiative.
If you need copies of your Group's logo re-sent or you are not sure what your Group's brand colour is, please email Holly Millward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brand Guidelines
- Community Templates
- Social Media
- Anniversary Celebrations
- Cochrane Stock Photos
- Cochrane Infographics and Blogshots
- Other Branding Needs
The Brand Guidelines are a toolkit to help all Cochrane Groups implement our new, coherent, visual and written identity. Its purpose is to give you the most up-to-date and relevant information in order to brand your Group, whether you are an existing Cochrane Group or a newly registered entity.
The contents provide an overview of Cochrane’s story: who we are, what we do, and how we describe ourselves to a wider world - as well as make it easier for those new to Cochrane to understand what we are trying to achieve.
In addition, we are providing a section on language, organizational information, and standard policies and procedures as outlined in Cochrane’s organizational policies. This will support your Group’s external communications style.
It is not designed to be a style guide for Cochrane Reviews. We have our established Cochrane Style Manual.
Updated: January 2017
- Cochrane Brand Guidelines - full document
- Zip Brand Guidelines package - Guidelines broken down into mini documents.
- Cochrane Community colour palette and codes
- Start here: 'How To' guides for templates (New 'How To' for vlogshots and Adobe Spark) and orientation to templates video.
- Community Cyan Templates
- Community Green Templates
- Community Magenta Templates
- Community Orange Templates
- Community Red Templates
- Community Teal Templates
- Community Social Media Banners Examples
- Video: how to create Cochrane business cards
- Video: how to create Cochrane posters
- Video: how to import the Mailchimp template
- Video: how to edit the Cochrane Power Point template
- Video Playlist: Cochrane Template How To
- Webinar: Using Blogshots for knowledge translation
- Banners: You may request to get branded social media and newsletter banners for your Group. Please provide your Group's name and suggestions for possible pictures (by including URLS to the pictures on istock.com or attaching your own) and send to email@example.com. Banners can be made for: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and MailChimp. You can view some Community Social Media Banners Examples here.
- Resources: Cochrane UK has collected a number of useful resources here.
- Banners: Celebrating a birthday or an anniversary for your Group? We can create a banner for your social media and MailChimp accounts. Banners can be made for: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and MailChimp. Please fill in the brand specification brief and email it to Holly Millward at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your branding needs.
- Pictures: we have a special selection of anniversary pictures here. You are welcome to use them on your website, newsletter, or social media posts.
- If you would like other branding or events support regarding your Groups anniversary, please email Holly Millward at email@example.com.
- 'How to Video': Accessing stock and Cochrane Community photos
- Review page 56 of the Cochrane 'Brand Guidelines’ document on how to select imagery.
- All images should illustrate our strapline: ‘Trusted evidence. Informed decisions. Better health’.
- Choose light and bright imagery that works in harmony with your group’s colour palette.
- Select positive, simple, and close-up images.
- For stock and Cochrane Community images: you can use any pictures found in the photo Dropbox folder for your Cochrane websites, newsletters, reports, printed materials, and social media posts. Pictures in this folder are updated weekly, so we recommend that you bookmark this Dropbox folder. Pictures are sorted into sub-folders and can also be searched for by keyword. l To access this photo folder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For textures, general health and lifestyle: browse and search Unsplash; they offer free, high-resolution photos.
- Still looking?: We have a limited budget to purchase stock photos as support to groups each month. If you cannot find a photo that works for you, please let us know (e.g. topic specific, location specific). You may pick stock images from www.istock.comSend the name of image, URL link, and your group name to email@example.com and we will download the photo at no cost your group.
Cochrane infographics and blogshots
- Please see the updated Brand Guidelines for further information.
- Guidelines: An interesting and quick way to tell a story is by using visual representation of your information, data and knowledge. Learn how to create Cochrane branded infographics using products such as Piktochart and Visually or design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and how to use proper Cochrane branding. Join in the discussion about how to show Cochrane evidence visually by visiting the blog Visually Cochrane.
- Blogshots: Blogshots are a way of giving information in an image that can be shared on social media, like infographics. You can see examples here on Cochrane UK. You are welcome to share any blogshot found in our photo folder organized by Review Group. You can also create your own blogshots by downloading the template in your group’s colour under ‘Community Templates’ at the top of this page. Read tips on how to create and share blogshots in this Community Blogpost and on Evidently Cochrane and watch this Webinar on Cochrane Training. You can also read tips on how to translate Blogshots in this Community Blogshot.
- Vlogshots: Adobe Spark is a free online design tool that you can use to make social media graphics, web stories, and videos. Download the 'How to guides for templates' package on this page under 'Community Templates'. Here you will find 'How to brand vlogshots and other online media content made with Adobe Spark.'
- Videos: Read ‘Creating an animated video summary of a Cochrane review’ on Visually Cochrane.
- Share your infographic or blogshot: We will help share your finished product with a wider audience! Save your item with the CD number of the Review in the title. Send the finished product (jpeg) and editable template (PowerPoint, for translation purposes) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Branding Needs
If you have brand requirements such as web banners or logos, or perhaps you need a document branded, please fill in the brand specification brief and email it to Holly Millward at email@example.com to discuss your branding needs.