The Editorial Board is responsible for supporting Cochrane’s Editor in Chief (EiC) and overseeing the review production process of Cochrane Reviews. Its main role is one of strategy and support to the CRG Networks and EiC. They will oversee the review production process, but not have an operational influence on the work of the Networks.
The main roles of the Editorial Board will be to:
- develop editorial, publishing, and content strategies with the EiC;
- support the EiC in the implementation of changes to improve consistency in the quality and timeliness of Cochrane Review preparation and publication;
- support the EiC in the development, implementation, and audit of editorial policies and practices;
- monitor the performance of the Cochrane Library;
- work closely with the EiC to develop and oversee implementation of future strategy for the Cochrane Library.
The Editorial Board will include the eight Network SEs; a methodologist; one external member (representing the end users and with relevant experience in the area of evidence synthesis and its application in global decision making); and one representative from the Cochrane community who brings specific expertise in knowledge translation.
The Editorial Board will be chaired by the EiC, supported by the Deputy EiC. Members of the Editorial Board will be appointed for a renewable fixed term.
We have already started the process of appointing the eight Senior Editors and that Editorial Board’s activities should start early in January 2018. See here for the job posting