The Communications Network (CommsNetwork) is made up from members of the Central Executive and Wiley communications teams, people doing communications and translation work in various Cochrane groups, and their interested contributors. The main feature of becoming a CommsNetwork member is the weekly CommsNetwork Digest, which provides content for further communications efforts and for translation planning. The weekly digest includes:
- A listing of any newly published noteworthy reviews with recommendations on dissemination from CEAD, Cochrane Editorial team, and Wiley.
- A listing of all the translations completed in the past week and translation news.
- The top five tweets from @cochranecollab.
- News from the community, such as any recent newsletters, blog posts, or other submissions from members.
- Recent Cochrane Reviews and Any advance or embargoed news items that the CommsNetwork should be aware of ahead of time for translation and communication planning purposes, such as press releases and feature reviews.
Anyone can join and start receiving the weekly digests by signing up here.
Questions about the CommsNetwork or submissions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CommsNetwork FAQ
- Watch how Cochrane Russia is using the CommsNetwork Digest
- Blogpost: How do you break down information silos in the Cochrane Community?
CommsNetwork Communication Resources
- Pictures: Pictures here are available for use on Cochrane websites, newsletters and social media posts. You can also browse through free external pictures here.
- New to social media? We've got some basic information, tips & strategies you might find useful in a webinar on YouTube.
- Social Media Training: Free online social media training by Hootsuite’s Podium.
- Social Media Resource: Cochrane UK’s Social Media resource page
- BlogShots: All Cochrane UK blogshots are archived and sorted by category here. To create your own blogshot, download a blogshot template in your group’s colour from the brand page under ‘Community Templates’. Please email any blogshots to email@example.com so we can share in the next CommsNetwork Digest.
- Interesting read: Researchers, here’s how to reach an audience you’d never dream of speaking to. Great for sharing with authors in your group!
- Interesting read: What makes an academic paper useful for health policy? in the BMJ. Could be something to cite in funding applications!
- Website help: Email questions about your group’s website to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dissemination Deep Dives