- Read the 2016 Annual translation report: A summary of our translation activities, languages, achievements, and progress in 2016.
The work of our translation teams is varied and goes beyond translating abstracts and plain language summaries into their languages. Below are links to blog posts and news items about our teams, offering an insight into their achievements and activities.
- Cochrane Iberoamerica’s experience of translating blogshots into Spanish.
- An interview with Salomé Planas, Spanish translation coordinator and long-term Cochrane contributor.
- Dr Cynthia Srikesavan wins OxTalent award for her Tamil language podcasts.
- Cochrane Russia’s student podcast club initiative.
- How Cochrane Brazil uses WhatsApp to communicate with translation volunteers.
Our translation teams share their experiences
Some of our translation teams attended the 23rd Cochrane Colloquium in Vienna (3-7 October 2015), where they shared their approaches to dissemination, quality control and partnerships in the form of rapid oral presentations. Read about their experiences in the documents listed below.
- Brazilian Portuguese - The importance of critical revision of translated abstracts
- Croatian - Involving volunteers in translating Cochrane Plain Language Summaries to increase capacity
- Croatian - Using social media to disseminate translated Cochrane evidence and to promote high-quality health information in non-English speaking regions
- German - Enhancing dissemination of Cochrane evidence via German translations of physiotherapy-related Cochrane Plain Language Summaries - a collaborative project
- German - Strategies for eliciting mutual benefit from translating Cochrane Review content: the example of Cochrane Kompakt in German
- Korean - Lessons from translating Cochrane Reviews in nursing into Korean
- Russian - Russian translations of Cochrane Plain Language Summaries: experience with and feedback from an online survey on quality and importance