23 May 2017, Archie 4.15.1 and My Account 2.0
New and improved features
- The Cochrane Account area now has a Communications page for managing email addresses and newsletter subscriptions; and an Interests page for recording the user’s interests.
- The Cochrane Account Area now works well on small screens (phones).
- Text on the welcome page has been updated and the Logout link has been moved to make it more visible.
- The support address for Cochrane Account is now email@example.com.
- Changes to Archie and Cochrane Account were made to align with data protection legislation. The old bulk email preferences (none; primary group only ; afiliated groups only, all) have been removed from Archie and are replaced by the option to opt-in to communications from Cochrane on My Account. The opt-in is also part of the account activation process. Only users who had the 'All' bulk email setting have been set to opt-in.
- Added an integration to notify the membership system when a person is marked as inactive in Archie.
10 May 2017, v. 4.15
New and improved features
Changes related to My Account and Membership
- The user creation process from within Archie has been updated to reflect that a Cochrane Account is being created.
- Added backend infrastructure to support communication between Archie and My Account for the Membership project.
Changes related to Cochrane Library developments
- Translations of topics: In preparation for the new Cochrane Library Spanish portal and any future portals in other languages, functionality is implemented in Archie to bulk import translations of CEU topics, which is used for the Cochrane Library browse list. Additionally, these translations can be edited in the user interface (on the Translations tab) and delivered to the publisher.
- Due to the above change, topics for review groups also have a Translations tab, but the content of this tab is not currently used.
- Added declaration of interest forms for Cochrane Council group members and Scientific Committee members.
- We no longer support Internet Explorer version 9.0 and older. The user will be notified if trying to use such a version of the browser.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Fixed an issue causing some translations from SmartLing to not to be published
20 March 2017, v. 4.14
New and improved features
Cochrane Account & Membership
- Introduced a "My Account" area where Cochrane Account holders can manage their account information. Self-registered account holders will no longer require access to Archie to manage their account. Accordingly, access to Archie is now restricted to users with roles with Cochrane Groups. Note, it is still up to Cochrane Groups to directly assign roles.
- Implemented a migration tool that will be used to convert Crowd and TaskExchange accounts into Cochrane Accounts - either as a new account, or by linking to an existing Cochrane Account.
- Updated password reset process to be in line with other Cochrane Account processes
- Clarified the intent of several fields in the signup process: "First name" is now "Given names", "Last name" is now "Family name", and "Country" is now "Country of residence".
- Several fixes to ensure that when the login or signup process is initiated from one system, the user returns to that system once the process is complete.
- Implemented the necessary infrastructure to track contributions made by Cochrane's supporters to support the future contribution-based Membership scheme.
- Added declaration of interest forms for Directors in Centres, Associate Centres and Fields, and for Funding Arbiters.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where special characters in the username prevented the user from logging in to Cochrane Account.
- Fixed an issue causing some translations from SmartLing to not to be published
8 February 2017, v. 4.13
New and improved features
- Substantial changes to translation data processing in order to support future optional full text Review translations in the Cochrane Library and to make our translation technology infrastructure more robust.
- Now supporting two Portuguese locales, Portuguese (Portugal) and Brazilian.
- When assigning a copy-editor, the default option in the Select Person window is the new generic 'Copy-editor' role. Previously it was ‘Copy-editor (CRG)’.
- The login screen and related screens have been updated for clearer indication that existing Archie accounts are now Cochrane Accounts. Furthermore, the link to the account Help page has been moved up on the page for better visibility.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Fixed ‘HTTP method POST not supported’ error when using Cochrane Account in multiple tools
- The Help link for Cochrane Account login now works when logging in from other sites than Archie, e.g. from TaskExchange.
- Deleting an unpublished Updating Classification now actually deletes it
- Unpublished review could not be set to protocol stage due to a problem related to the newly introduced Updating Classification system
- Find by name in Select Person was not working for some characters
- Existing License for Publication forms should not be updated when a new form template is published
- Fixed an error in DTA review template, which made wrong text box appear under Characteristics of included studies/QUADAS 2
- Fixed an error in title of task emails with Unicode characters
4 October 2016, v. 4.12
- The login screen and related screens have been Cochrane branded, and are now referring to your account as your Cochrane Account. This reflects that Archie is only one of several systems (including Task Exchange, Cochrane Crowd and Covidence) that your account provides access to.
- It is now possible to sign up for a Cochrane Account without being approved by a Review Group. Completely new people joining this way will have limited user rights and be managed by the Membership Project team. People who already have a record in Archie will retain their Primary Group.
- The password policy has been changed to require a length of at least 8 characters. Passwords containing special characters can now be used.
Licence for publication forms for Cochrane Reviews/Protocols
- The DOI of the review has been added to the header of the form instead of the Review ID.
- The label 'Special types of work' has been changed to 'Contributions owned by employer'.
Conflict of interest forms
- Cochrane Innovations Staff can now complete a Conflict of Interest form.
- A new custom task has been added: Send feedback/thanks to referees and advisors.
- All users can now view the properties page of a translation.
- Translations are no longer re-published automatically for withdrawn reviews.
- The New Translation button has been removed from the user interface.
Changes related to Cochrane Library developments
- Complimentary Cochrane Library subscriptions: The complimentary subscription donated to the Contact Person of a published Cochrane Review is no longer triggered by the date 'last assessed as up-to-date' but by a publication of a new citation version. The subscription is valid 2.5 years from the time when the last citation version was published. See the Cochrane Editorial and Publishing Policy Resource for further information.
- ORCID identifiers for Archie person records: It is possible to add an ORCID identifier to a Person Record in Archie. At a future date, the ORCID ID will be published as part of the author information for articles published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, the Cochrane Library. See the Cochrane Editorial and Publishing Policy Resource for further information.
- PROSPERO unique registration numbers for Cochrane Reviews: Protocols for Cochrane Reviews are registered with PROSPERO; see the Cochrane Editorial and Publishing Policy Resource for further information. Where a PROSPERO registration number is available, Archie will now retrieve and store the number with the Cochrane Review record upon publication of the Cochrane Review. At future date, the PROSPERO registration number will be published within each Cochrane Review in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, the Cochrane Library.
- Multiple CRGs on a review: When the Enhanced Cochrane Library is launched it will be possible to record multiple contributing Review Groups on a review, however one of the groups will remain as the primary group. In Archie, the Publication Pipeline report will list all reviews where the group is contributing, and a new search field has been added for finding reviews with multiple contributing groups. In the Enhanced Cochrane Library all the contributing groups will be listed when a review is published.
- Update Protocols will make it possible for reviews to return to the protocol stage and have a new protocol published before a major revision of the review. This feature will be enabled later when the Enhanced Cochrane Library is launched.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Main tabs were not rendered correctly after reloading the page
- The resource view is updated automatically when an Updating Classification has been changed
- Sorting the Updating Status Report by Date Revised was not working
- It was not possible to export the Update Status of reviews
- Workflow files with special characters in the file name could not be deleted or downloaded
- In some cases, attachments could not be removed from task ticket emails
- An error was displayed when opening a workflow task where a document linked to one of the tickets had been deleted
- Exported CSV files are now encoded using UTF-8
13 January 2016, v. 4.11
Updating Classification system (UCS) -Note: Will be activated later, so not available upon release
- Updating tab on review Properties
Update status, Rationale and Explanation can be entered and viewed in a new Update tab on the review Properties.
- Reports for Updating Classification
A number of reports is available for managing Updating Classification work
- Grouping of Reviews folder
A new option under Preferences to split reviews into subfolders based on UCS (Vacant Titles, Registered Titles, Protocols, New Reviews, No Update Status, No Update Planned, Up To Date, Update Status, Rationale and Explanation
- Publishing Updating Classification
Once enough reviews have been classified, publication of update status will be switched on, and classifying a review will also be part of the publication wizard.
- MEs can create Flexible reviews
MEs will now have permission to create Flexible reviews. Flexible review is currently experimental, and should only be used in agreement with the relevant Methods community (if in doubt consult with the CEU Methods Coordinator). The type is divided into three subtypes: Prognosis, Qualitative, Prototype - non-specific format
- Ability to export study characteristics and study data
2 new types of export for Review Versions available on the first page of the Export Wizard. If you click "Export Studies" from the search results tab you will start on this page with "Study characteristics" selected.
- Study characteristics
- Study analysis data (intervention reviews only)
- Conflict of Interest Declarations for SG members and CET staff
Editorial base staff, Steering Group members, and staff of the Central Executive Team can use the Conflict of Interest declaration forms to record and publish their potential Conflict of Interests (CoI).
- Auto-completed fields in Conflict of Interest forms are continuously updated now until review is published
The COI forms contain auto-completed fields (e.g., review’s Contact person), which are continuously updated throughout the review development cycle.
- Search method of note titles is changed to string
Enables finding numerals written using digits.
- Return key runs saved search in Firefox
Cannot delete person who has submitted forms
Cannot save document role when 'All' box on Addresses tab is checked
- Numbers with exponents displayed as NaN by XSLT transform
26 March 2015, v. 4.10
- New resource type added: Derivative Products
The derivative products are listed in the tree view under Derivative Products heading. Initially three types of derivative products are available: CCAs (Cochrane Clinical Answers), Podcasts and Guidelines. If the product is linked to a review, a Derivative Product folder will appear in the tree view under the review. All Super Users can create and edit products.
NOTE: this is the first stage in the full suite of funtionality for derivative products. Automatic notifications are also important, and this will follow in a later update.
- Advanced search for products option
Search options for products - enabling you to e.g. search for products that are out of date compared to their reviews.
- Referee types - eg Consumer referee
To be able to record for the Referee (and CRG Advisor) workflow role, the following types:
- Consumer - healthcare consumer (perspective of a patient, carer or provider of healthcare)
- Statistician - statistics expert (focus on the statistical plan and the analysis)
- Methodologist - methods of the review (focus on the methods section and bias assessments)
- Specialist - clinical or topic expert (focus on the clinical content)
- TSC - trial search coordinator (focus on refereeing the search sections and references)
- Editor - editorial (focus on overall product, style, meaning and conclusions, editorial overview)
- Include Protocols in Cochrane Library browse lists
- New logo
An updated Archie logo as the first, small step towards applying the new Cochrane branding to Archie.
- Updated tagline
Removed The Cochrane Collaboration
- Tabular export of monitoring data
Only for users with access to Monitoring tab.
- Cannot generate PDF reports when using secure connection
Buttons not visible in some windows in Safari 8 / OSX Yosemite (10.10)
HTML styling tags from Review title are stripped in translation XML
Link in Archie email alert does not load the correct search
Advanced Search Selected tab shows incorrect column
Search links do not open on Advanced tab
Character substitution with search not working
Incorrect copy editor group - workflow role mapping
Special characters in names not correct in Workflow Report
16 December 2014, v. 4.9
- Resend task email includes date of original email
A line is automatically added at the top of the message to show when the original mail was sent.
- Export full DOI (not just CD number)
A new Document and Review Version export field called "Review DOI" that exports the full DOI. The name of the old "Review DOI (CD Number)" field is changed to "Review CD Number".
- Create translation memory file (TMX) from set of existing translations
To enable import of already published translations that are in the old xml format into Smartling translation memory.
- Removal of unneeded translation fields from Advanced Search
5 November 2014, v. 4.8
- Description and year fields in CRG Sources of Support
Fields for additional information after each source of support, both textual Description and Start end End years.
- LFP and COI forms record the number of reminders sent to an author
To be able to provide statistics to the authors to be able to support decisions. Once more than one information email has been sent, the Informed column in the forms report will show the count - eg "(3 times)".
- Show open access licence information for amendments
When an amendment is published to a review that was published under an gold open access licence, the Publication Wizard should show the licence information as read-only.
- Show stars in Favourites folder
The Favourites folder includes the Starred column for reviews.
- Show final review processed for publication in Publication Wizard
When a review is marked for publication all tracked changes are automatically resolved, metadata are updated, and CRS IDs are updated (if enabled). The Publication Wizard should show the processed version when you click View in the Wizard.
- Support for insertion of CRS IDs into reviews
Archie can now connect to CRS to add CRS IDs to studies and references. Note that this does not happen automatically at this point, further testing is being carried out.
- Development of pre-authorised translations by language
Consider development of pre-authorised file sections by language (i.e. only PLS + title for Croatian, German etc.)
- Translation publication queue
When a translation is re-published on Smartling while it is still in the publication queue in Archie, Archie cannot update the transsation until the first version is published on the library.
- Adding support for pre-authorization of translation content
- Archie translation locale linking with Smartling projects
- For withdrawn review, English source file should be deleted on Smartling
If a review is withdrawn, the existing source file on Smartling is deleted using Delete Smartling API call.
- Identification of different review sections in Smartling
Update to Smartling context keys for different review sections
- Support for multiple Smartling projects
- Updates to Translation Viewer based on the new XML structure
Show Translation notes in translation document viewer for new files; do not show Translated by etc. for new files, but keep for old files.
- Update to latest workflow template tool not working if current template had reviesion number
- Publish option in the context menu is always disabled for translations in the search result tab
Translation notes text does not support & symbol
PDF preview problems if service called with missing CITATION_LAST_CHANGED
3 September 2014, v. 4.7
- Support for persons with only one name (mononymous)
- Increase max number of file attachments to ticket templates from three to five
- Feedback widget
A widget to record new ideas directly from Archie.
- Separate MECIR reporting standards for Protocols
It is now possible to limit the note sets (shown as 'Guidance' in RevMan) to a specific review stage, which will support show Protocol-specific guidance once this is finalized.
- Withdrawn protocols should no longer be removed from publication
Archie should no longer set the status of a withdrawn protocol to inactive after one month, neither should it be possible to do this manually.
- Report on 'sizes' of reviews
Ability to report on the size of published Cochrane reviews. To inform discussion on what limits are appropriate, if any. Included as Export fields for selected Documents.
- Auto re-publish translations with no changes in translation sections
- Blank styling tags removed before review publication
Blank styling tags, e.g. <i> or <b> tags around spaces are removed. These tags are processed and create unnecessary splitting of sentences in Smartling.
- Conflict of Interest Declarations for CRG Editorial Staff
Archie now supports the completion of COI forms also for: Assistant ME, Assistant TSC, Consumer Co-ordinator, Editor, ME, Statistician, TSC. NOTE: do not use until CEU informs you to begin doing so.
- Cannot generate PDF reports when using secure connection
- Wrong name is recorded in the "Saved By" column in Saved Searches when saving a search for another person
- Should not be possible to edit translation title for translations in the new format in properties window
14 July 2014, v. 4.6
- Storage of translations in Archie
From 14 July onwards, we will move to keeping the translation project folders separate from the specific Cochrane groups in Archie and move to having dedicated folders for each language. Managing Translators are assigned to the different language project folders and have permissions for the translations in their folders as described below.
- Creating, editing and publishing translation files
Translation files of Plain Language Summaries and Abstracts will no longer be created, edited or published directly in Archie, and instead will be managed in Smartling. The content will continue to be fed through Archie, so that we have a record, however, it will no longer be possible to create, edit or publish translation files in Archie. All existing, new and updated Reviews will become available in Smartling as part of this change, where they can be selected for translation.
- Updated XML structure of translation files
Some changes have been made to the XML structure of the translation files. We will no longer be using the fields 'Managing Entity', 'Funding body', 'Date of translation', and 'Public notes'. Instead, we will automatically publish the publication date of the translation, and provide a free text field called “Translation notes”, which you can use to acknowledge your team, your institution, your funders, individual translators, and/or to indicate a general contact address for each translation. It will be optional to complete this field. Any new translations managed through Smartling will use the new structure. Any existing translations will remain in the old structure, until they are updated.
- Translations currently in progress or planned for the next few weeks
Translation files that have already been created, and that are currently in draft (i.e. not published yet), will also be moved to the new language folders, but will still be available to check-in, edit and publish in the same way as before. From 14 July onwards, the creation of new translation files in Archie will no longer be possible, and will instead be conducted via Smartling, where Reviews can be selected for translation.
- Reports and search for translation documents
The Out-of-date translation report and Publication pipeline will continue to be available upon right-click of a translation project folder in Archie. In the Advanced document search, users will continue to be able to search for their translations via the Language search. In addition, there is now an Outdated flag for translations that have been completed via Smartling, which can also be searched for to identify translations which are out of date (because an update or amendment of the corresponding Review has been published).
- Attachments to workflow emails don't allow special characters
- People tab of review properties is blank for an user
4 June 2014, v. 4.5
- Review dates as insertable fields in task emails
- Show/Use RevMan version check-in info
Allow end users (eg MEs) to see (or be alerted about) the information recorded about which RevMan version was last used to edit each review version checked in.
- Part A monitoring forms for Fields 2014
- Include file version info in file name of downloaded files
- Open Help links in normal tab
- Rendering problems in Statistics Reports
- Licence for publication form required cannot be submitted in Internet Explorer
19 March 2014, v. 4.4
- Prevent publication of stable review with updated event
The Publication Wizard should display an error if you attempt to publish a review with both a 'No longer being updated' and an 'Updated' event in the What's New table.
- Subtypes for flexible reviews
Three subtypes: Prognosis, Qualitative and Prototype. Note: Flexible reviews are not available for general use yet.
- Guidance (MECIR) data feed for RevMan 5.3
The server component for delivering review guidance nodes to RevMan 5.3. Currently not visible in Archie.
- Change default CL subscription for new authors from DVD to Online
- Conflict of Interest Declarations for Co-ordinating Editors in Archie
Support for Co-ordinating editors to create/update CoI Declarations in Archie for later publication on cochrane.org. Note: Not for active use yet.
- User defined task names
Allow tasks with user defined names to be inserted into templates and running workflows.
- Prevent emails from being sent from Test and Training servers
On Test and Training servers all ticket emails should be sent to an IKMD mailbox, instead of the task assignee. Exception: Allow the user to CC themselves.
- Removal of unclear error if workflow file filename is too long
The limitation of the field for the name of an attached file in Workflows is 100 characters. Any file name longer than that will be truncated.
- Support for importing existing Japanese translations into Archie
- Error completing Licence for Publication form for author with special character (Š) in name
- Inactive protocol incorrectly resubmitted to Wiley
- Overview title registration wizard too restrictive
- Issues around creating a translation for a review marked for publication
- Unable to resend ticket email if you add additional attachments that are not local Archie file
15 January 2014, v. 4.3
(Latest Bug fix: 4.3.5)
Saved Search interface improvements
- Show saved searches as detailed list
'My Searches' is shown as a detailed list that is always visible in the main Advanced Search tab (below the existing options).
- Rename ‘My Searches’ to 'Saved Searches'
- Search on specific country income levels
For each address, the Income Level for the Country: Low, Lower-Middle, Upper-Middle, High.
- Search criteria for residents of one-click access countries
Added search filter that identifies people living in countries with free one-click access to The Cochrane Library (HINARI countries).
- Limit document role search by publication status
Eg, tosearch for authors on published reviews only.
- Search by topics
For instance, searching across all reviews listed under the topic Prevention and its sub-topics.
- Add 'Review No' column to review search results
The CRG editable review number is displayed in search results in the same way as it is displayed under Resources.
- Only show valid options in Email string export
Only Email 1 and Email 2 should be shown, and only Email 1 should be selected by default.
- Plain text representation of searches
Copy and share complex searches when seeking support or helping a colleague.
- Search for people by topics
Searching for people linked to a topic.
- Links to Help and forum in Search interface
To help users who get stuck.
- New calendar component
A flexible graphical calendar where you can switch between day/week/month view, and also include Workflow tasks.
- Calendar subscriptions preference
Should allow users to unsubscribe from entity calenders they are not interested in.
- Create calendar view that includes tasks
- Easy rescheduling of tasks
Tasks can be rearrangad by dragging in the Calender.
- My Reviews folder in Resource tree
Shows reviews for which the current user has document roles in a special folder broken down by document role.
- Display warning if PLS is missing in DTA reviews
- Show review version details on Compare contact details report
The Compare contact details report for reviews lets you choose between the version for publication and the latest version. It should show the version number, date and description of the version used after the pick list.
- Version numbers of compared reviews should appear on compare viewer
- Review number is added to the review tree view
- Find function on the review topics selection window
Find function is now available when selecting topics for a particular review (i.e. in the Review wizard or on review properties).
- Editorial management notes
A note attached to Review Properties that provides a running commentary on editorial processes. Note should have a unique status that enables inclusion in reports and search results and exports.
- Order authors in the People tab of Review Properties
It is possible to order the list of people on a review within the People tab of the review's properties in Archie, so that the order of the authors is reflected in the RevMan file the next time the review is checked out.
- Support for flexible review types - NOT FOR USE YET
Support check-in, view and publication of the flexible review types that can be prepared in RevMan 5.3.
- Add notes when adding person
Now it is possible to create an entity note for a person at the same time as one adds the person to Archie.
- Ability to include personalised text on the notification email when creating user account
- Topics for people
Possible to link people and topics, e.g. to record interest in a certain area.
- Display Reference Cochrane Centre for a person
Reference centre (associated with the country of the primary address) of a person is shown on person properties on the Info tab, and it's also shown on the person report.
- Byline and affiliation preview on person properties/report
Shows the impact on the elements published in reviews of editing author name and/or address.
- Person report should not jump back to the top when clicking a review title
- Add affiliation notes to submit contact details form
When people submit their own details to a group, they can specify the nature of their affiliation.
- People folder for reviews in resource tree
A folder in the resource tree with the same information as on the People tab of review properties, but with the access to the full context menu for people.
- Automate informing publisher about NIH funded author teams
- Gold open access
Ability to mark a review in the Publishing Wizard to be published under the Gold Open Access License. This will incite a special set of License for Publication forms to be generated. There is a choice between different Open Access licences with or without payment.
- Allow contact persons to see overall workflow progress
Allows the contact person for a review to see the progress of the editorial workflow in terms of milestones completed/active/pending.
- Show cc'ed people on the confirmation window when sending ticket/information emails
This will ensure that users have cc'ed ALL the people they had intended to in the first instance and will save time.
- Change word "OK" on button for sending task emails to "Send"
- Sort Workflow Status Report by Review No
The option to organise the workflow status report by review number.
Notification and Messages
- Allow secondary email address to be used for notifications
- Include publication flag in notification message about Reviews submitted for editorial approval
- Grouping of messages
Option to group the message table by type.
- Only important changes in address should trigger a notification
Users subscribed to changes to Contact Persons can end up with lots of messages in Archie When someone changes minor information multiple times, e.g. Skype name. Only changes to the information used in reviews should generate a notification.
- Rename 'entity' to 'group'
- Add Quick Start for Editors and Authors to the Help menu
Help improvement. Added link to support documentation for Editors and Authors. Could be found in Help > More Documentation.
- Show satellites/branches and other subgroups in subfolder
- Reviews republished using Review Contact Details Wizard do not get a Scheduled date
- Forgot you password not check for Group Authors emails
- Non-breaking space characters appear in PDF documents generated from Archie
- Incorrect file extension shown for attachment in workflow email
- Translations without title can be marked for publication
- Topics List editing functions in Resource tree disabled
- External link to resource may reload previous Results
- CRG Statistics cannot be saved as HTML
- Conflict of Interest forms could not be saved by authors
- Email all Authors tool was not working for everybody
- Failed to open person properties from LfP/CoI forms report
Fixed in Archie 4.3.2 (21 January 2014)
- Corrected text for grouping of messages
Fixed in Archie 4.3.3 (24 January 2014)
- You could only assign topics to people that you could edit, so a CRG could not assign topics to a referee who has another group as primary. After fix, Super Users can assign topics to all people.
Fixed in Archie 4.3.4 (24 January 2014)
- Cannot open task properties page if it has a ticket with deleted attachments.
- Calendar feed to other calenedars only works while logged into Archie.
29 October 2013, v. 4.2
- Saved searches as Favourites
Run your saved searches (using My Searches) from Favourites menu.
- User defined sort order for search results
- Easy republication of translations where review changes are trivial
A report that allows quick browsing of out-of-date translations, to see if the review changes are important or not, and with a function to easily republish the previous translation version where the changes were trivial.
- Topics lists in Resource Tree
The Topics are now in a folder in the Resources tree, instead of on the Properties
- Form for new members to submit their own details
- Dynamic calendar feeds for seeing Archie events in other software
- Heading fixed while scrolling down through the content of a table/report
For Review Groups
- Improved task email attachment interface
Local files can now easily be converted to workflow files; all attachments automatically included in resent task emails
- Selection of results in Workflow Statistics report
- MEs able to see the folder for their CRG's Satellites in Archie as part of their 'affiliated' View
- Add Review number to email to authors asking for Conflict of Interest/ Licence for Publication form
- Easy access to Update function for blank COI form
- More colours for toggle star
- Provide Wiley Online Library access to CRG Satellites
- Spaces disappear when comparing review versions with tracked changes
- Duplicate marked notification contain links that do not work via email
- ME Support cannot create roles in other entities
- Problem moving files in Archie
- Problem checking out reviews in RevMan
- Early draft of mobile site enabled for mobile browsers
- Messages view: link to Document or Person not working
- Impossible to open person properties from Duplicate Wizard when creating a new person
- Text has lost formatting in task emails (in workflows) using Internet Explorer
- Quick search cannot find reviews with some special characters in title
20 August 2013, v. 4.1
- Complimentary Cochrane Library access controlled by Archie
The complimentary access to The Cochrane Library for contact persons of up-to-date Cochrane reviews is controlled through Archie, by clicking the link on the front page. For more information, see here.
- Complimentary access to Wiley Online Library for one CRG named individual
Each CRG can select one person that will have complimentary access to journals in Wiley Online Library. For more information, see here.
- What's New editable online
The online editor for reviews allows the What's New section to be edited.
- Online editing of translations
Translations can be edited online in Archie.
- Filters on the Organizer task list
Two drop down lists allow you to filter which tasks to display based on either task name or role (author/editorial).
- Workflow statistics report
Provides statistical analysis on the time between two workflow events (milestones or tasks).
- Review templates
When setting up a new review using the New Review Wizard, CRGs can choose between creating a blank review, or selecting an existing review to be used as template.
- Reports of new and updated reviews per issue
Under Tools > Global Reports.
- Review Wizard guidance for formatting Overview titles
Format for an overview title is [Interventions or comparisons] for [health problem] in OR for [types of people, disease or problem and setting if specified].
- Show missing LfP form in Pipeline Report
Reviews or protocols with missing LfP forms are shown in red under section A - Pending Delivery Date.
- Count for number of missing LfP forms
The number of missing LfP forms is shown on Review Properties and is linking to the LfP report.
- Links to Files folders
Ability to create a hyperlink to a folder in Archie.
- Improved performance of CoI and Monitoring forms
These form open and save significantly faster then before.
- Notification about updated reviews
All users may subscribe to this notification. Also includes notification about amendments with changed conclusions.
- 'Review publication delayed' message is sent later
This notification is now sent after 48 hours.
- Checked out reminder edited
The text of the reminder that is sent after a review has been checked out for more than 7 days has been edited and contains link to get more information.
- Mark non-breaking spaces in reviews and translations
- A special character marks the non-breaking spaces.
- Sources of support in advance search options
As a new Review Versions search term in the Advance Search Section.
- Improved terminology in relation to Publish When Ready
Delivery Date is now called Date Scheduled.
- Record DOI for each published version
It is now possible to look up the DOI of a previous published version (under History).
- All characters allowed in name and address fields
The full set of unicode characters is now supported.
- Display a stronger message when RevMan is out-of-date
A stronger message is displayed when checking for updates from a copy of RevMan that is out of date, i.e. currently older than 5.1.7. The same message is displayed when you check a review in using an old version.
- Warning about outdated browsers
Archie displays a warining if you use Internet Explorer 6 or 7. It's still possible to use these browser, but we're not actively using them for testing new developments.
- Review published twice in an issue has wrong end issue for first version
- Publication report: Update not counted if Amended in same issue
- Expired complimentary access should not disable Subscription tab
- Unable to insert an email address with - before @
- Preview Published PDF in the Publication Wizard should reflect updated contact details
- No scrollbars on Resources tree in Internet Explorer 10
- Online editor not working for other review types than intervention
- Online editor is stripping out formatting of tracked changes
- Ticket 'links' do not appear as links is all email systems
- Inserted tasks should not be added to new referee
When you add a new referee (or CRG Advisor) to a running workflow, the tasks assigned to the new referee are cloned from one of the other referees, but if custom tasks have been inserted for the other referee those tasks should not be copied.
- Document properties page fails to open for modules and versioned files
- Online editor issues using Internet Explorer
- Authors can refresh CoI form of co-authors without permission
- Check In should be disabled if you cannot check in the document
- Authors cannot check out reviews from web interface
- Cannot search for unicode characters in names
- Error message assigning a document role to a review
- Author cannot delete author draft versions
- Problems with appearance and location of Information icon
- Unable to change CRG Contact person
- Online editor only saves first paragraph of edited section
- Translation PLS should be displayed and editable in online editor
- Public Notes section not shown in Online editor if empty
- Online editor not supporting Soft-breaks
- Non-breaking space caracter too small
- Non-breaking space 'codes' appear in modules and reviews edited online
Non-breaking spaces are converted to ¬ characters when a module or review is edited online and are saved as this character. This special character is used to show the position of non-breaking spaces when you view a document, but should not be present when editing.
3 June 2013, v. 4.0
(Bug fixes: 4.01, 4.0.2, 4.0.3)
- Publish When Ready
It will be possible to publish Cochrane Reviews and Protocols (“articles”) as soon as they are ready for publication instead of waiting for a monthly publication date. More information about Publish When Ready here. As explained in the information, the Publish When Ready functionality will not be active for Managing Editors to use until 14 June.
Reviews and workflows
- New Notifications:
A new protocol is published
A new review is published
Review publication is delayed because of missing LfP forms
- Reviews (any stage/status) in the CRG are published
- Automatic reminder when reviews are checked out for more than one week
Sent one a week to decrease the likelihood of RevMan files getting lost and not being able to be checked back in to Archie.
- Link to Preview Published PDF from Publication Wizard
- Context menu for Review Workflows
The Workflows subfolder under each review in the Resource tree has a menu option for New Workflow.
- Workflows for Selected Reviews search term
A new search term under Workflows that allows you to find all the workflows for previously selected reviews.
- Links to external workflow files
Links to external documents could initially only be added in Files or Review Files folders. Now also work for Workflow Files.
- Include time and timezone of 'due date' in emails from the workflow system
- Changing a workflow role invalidate task emails rather than deleting them
- Sort workflow files on review properties with latest files first
Files belonging to Review Update workflows are listed first, then Review Amendment, Review Development, Protocol Amendment, Protocol Development and Title Registration. Within groups the default search order is by date and descending.
- Option to blind copy recipients in workflow information email
Option to blind copy recipients, for example, when sending summary referee comments to all referees via workflow information emails, we would like to be able to blind copy email addresses of the referees to preserve anonymity.
- Ability to attach a comparison document to a task ticket email
For example, attaching a review/protocol document that shows the changes made when sending it for editorial approval.
- Attach more than one review version to a task ticket email
When sending out a full review for peer review we ask peer reviewers to comment on whether they have followed the protocol, and it would be grand to be able to attach the last published version of the protocol in addition to the current version of the review.
- New notification:
A translation for which [person] is the Contact Person requires attention because the review has changed
- Link to translation in translations notifications
- No automatic note when reverting translations
- Edited text was deleted after allowing popup-blocker
- The text is replaced with 'Error parsing text - text deleted...'
- Non-supported tags in Public notes section
When creating a new translation, Archie may include formatting tags (from the Published notes section of the review) which is not supported in translation XML.
- Messages to Upcoming Reviews list are sometimes sent twice
- Buttons missing in the properties windows in IE
Buttons at the bottom of the properties windows are missing in some versions of Internet Explorer.
- No translation message when review has been republished and changed
The contact person of a translation is supposed to be notified when a review is updated and the translated sections have changed, however, this does not happen in the general case. The contact person is only notified is there is some other issue with the translation, e.g. that it is checked out at the time the review is updated.
- Task email is resent even if cancelling after receiving warning about missing attachments
Fixed in Archie 4.0.1 (4 June 2013)
- Links in new review/protocol published messages use now direct link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com.
- Inactive ME role removed in Newtitles mails.
- Wrong items in the Export Wizard for review versions greyed out.
Fixed in Archie 4.0.2 (7 June 2013)
- Incorrect publication time given in notification when all LfP forms have been completed.
- Compare link in Translation notification swaps new and old versions.
- Compared versio attachement in task emails may swap new and old versions.
Missing line break in UpcomingReviews emails.
- Deleted protocols cannot be 'delivered for publication'.