In some limited circumstances there may be a need to publish supplemental material to a Cochrane Review. At the current time we do not have the functionality to publish supplemental data/files alongside a Cochrane Review in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and so the following process must be followed:
- Inform ME Support so that help may be provided when working through the following steps;
- Confirm that it is not possible to include the data/files within the RevMan file (as ideal);
- Supplemental data/files may be included in a university’s institutional repository, as long as:
- the supplemental file(s) will have a unique and permanent identifier (e.g. DOI) when included in the repository;
- the full citation for the review (including the Review DOI) is included in each supplemental file;
- copyright in the supplemental file is attributed to the authors – “© The Authors.”;
- Include links/references to the supplemental file(s) (including DOIs) within the Cochrane Review.