Cochrane Author Panel
Join us now!
The Cochrane Author Panel is open to anyone with an authoring role in a Cochrane Review Group; whether you have authored a Cochrane Review in the past or are currently in the process of writing your protocol. We want the panel to represent both new and experienced authors from a range of countries and regions around the world.
If you are interested in joining this group, please fill in a short registration form.
The Cochrane Author Panel gives authors of Cochrane Reviews the opportunity to have a voice in the organisation's strategic decision-making. The Author Panel acts as an avenue of communication between individual authors and the Author Representatives on the Cochrane Council. This ensures that authors' voices are heard in discussions of governance issues and will enable authors to help shape the vision and values of the Cochrane Community.
The Author Panel has a dedicated discussion channel on Cochrane Community Slack, where all panel members can communicate with the Author Representatives. Joining details are provided to panel members. As a member, you can expect to:
- Receive messages from the Author Representatives when feedback is desired (this feedback would be used to input into quarterly council meetings)
- Receive updates following council meetings detailing relevant discussions
- Be asked to complete occasional surveys (no more than once or twice per year)
The level of engagement or contribution in response to these communications will be solely up to each of the individual panel members.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Author Representatives on the Cochrane Council with any questions or comments.
All activities of the Cochrane Author Panel feed into its three core objectives:
- Representing authors - facilitating close collaboration between the Cochrane author community and the Author Representatives on the Cochrane Council; to allow authors to influence organisational governance.
- International networking - promoting interaction between authors in Cochrane's global community; to create opportunities for research collaboration and sharing of knowledge, experience and ideas.
- Knowledge translation - investigating ways in which Cochrane Reviews are used and working with other sections of the Cochrane Community to improve the dissemination of results.
Cochrane Council Author representatives
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments concerned with the author community.