Conflict of interest declaration: Chris B Del Mar
Updated on: 6 July 2020
Roles in: Acute Respiratory Infections Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - - NHMRC for the ARI Cochrane Group: 2013-2023 - NHMRC for a Centre for Research Excellence in Minimising Antibiotic Resistance in the Community 2018-23: AUD 2.5m - WHO funding for update of review A122 - other research funds for unrelated topics.
e) Funds for a member of staff?
Yes - as above
f) Fees for consulting?
g) Royalty or licences payments?
Yes - Books pubished by Wiley and Elsevier on - evidence based medicine - clinical thinking
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - Both my wife and I are employed at academics at Bond University which partially measures academic success via publications (which include the CDSR)
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - My wife and I contribute to superannuation funds which invest in stocks and shares outside our direct knowledge or control but might include companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of the ARI Group reviews.
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?