Conflict of interest declaration: Anthony G Marson
Updated on: 16 March 2016
Roles in: Epilepsy Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Spoke at EISAI funded symposium on evidence based epilepsy management at UK International League Against Epilepsy conference October 2015
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - I lead the National Audit of Seizure Management in Hospitals (NASH) 2013. This was funded by a consortium of pharmaceutical companies: GSK, Eisai, UCB Pharam, VIropharama.
e) Funds for a member of staff?
Yes - Staff are employed to administrate NASH as outlined above.
f) Fees for consulting?
g) Royalty or licences payments?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Chief Investigator of NIHR HTA funded trial comparing standard and new anti epileptic drugs: SANAD 2