In preparation for the Cochrane Governing Board meeting in March 2020, an update paper was prepared to inform about the work with our external partners. The document also gives an overview of advocacy activities. The main developments to note are:
- Cochrane has been working closely with WHO since the end of January in its response to COVID-19, through Special Collections published on the Cochrane Library related to evidence needs related to critical care and on infection control and prevention measures; and members of the Central Executive Team (CET) are currently in talks regarding a Cochrane Response contract to support the prioritization of candidate therapies.
- Cochrane/Campbell Global Ageing Field is supporting the WHO ‘Decade of Healthy Ageing’ – with a gap map, evidence synthesis guidance, and evidence for its baseline report. Cochrane’s CET is currently working with the Field and WHO in preparation for the launch in October 2020.
- Cochrane and G-I-N have decided to hold a joint meeting on Saturday 3 October, bringing both communities together in the day between the G-I-N Conference and Cochrane Colloquium.
- MoUs for partnerships with the GRADE Working Group and MAGIC were renewed.
- Planning for the 2nd Global Evidence Summit is progressing, with a list of potential partners and programme domains defined. The focus is now on approaching external partners about high level speakers and joining the Scientific Committee.
- A review of all strategic partnerships held at the central level will take place in Q2 and Q3 2020 as part of the development of Cochrane’s next organizational strategy.
Cochrane organizational partnership information:
- Update on current partnerships and advocacy (Q4, 2019 and Q1, 2020)
- Update on current partnerships (Q2 & Q3, 2019)
- Update on current partnerships (Q4 2018, Q1 2019)
- Update on current partnerships (Q2 &Q3 2018)
- Update on current partnerships (Q4 2017, Q1 2018)
- Update on current partnerships (Q2&3, 2017)
- Update on current partnerships (Q1, 2017)
- Update on current partnerships (Q2, Q3, 2016)