The Editorial Board is responsible for supporting Cochrane’s Editor in Chief (EiC) and overseeing the review production process of Cochrane Reviews. Its main role is one of strategy and support to the CRG Networks and EiC. They will oversee the review production process, but not have an operational influence on the work of the Networks.
The main roles of the Editorial Board are:
- develop editorial, publishing, and content strategies with the EiC;
- support the EiC in the implementation of changes to improve consistency in the quality and timeliness of Cochrane Review preparation and publication;
- support the EiC in the development, implementation, and audit of editorial policies and practices;
- monitor the performance of the Cochrane Library;
- work closely with the EiC to develop and oversee implementation of future strategy for the Cochrane Library.
The Editorial Board includes the eight Network SEs; a methodologist; one external member (representing the end users and with relevant experience in the area of evidence synthesis and its application in global decision making); and one representative from the Cochrane community who brings specific expertise in knowledge translation.
The Editorial Board is chaired by the EiC. Members of the Editorial Board are appointed for a renewable fixed term.
Editorial Board members
- Karla Soares-Weiser Editor in Chief
- Lisa Bero, Public Health and Health Systems Network Senior Editor
- Robert Boyle, Children and Families Network Senior Editor
- Michael Brown, Acute and Emergency Care Network and Circulation and Breathing Network Senior Editor
- Chris Eccleston, Mental Health and Neuroscience Network Senior Editor
- Cindy Farquhar, Abdomen and Endocrine Network Senior Editor
- Nicole Skoetz, Cancer Network Senior Editor
- Peter Tugwell, Musculoskeletal, Oral Skin and Sensory Network Senior Editor
- Tammy Clifford, Senior Adviser representing the Evidence User community
- Paul Garner, Innovation and Review production Senior Adviser
- Julian Higgins, Senior Methods Adviser
- John Lavis, Senior Adviser for Knowledge Translation
- Jimmy Volmink, Equity and Diversity Senior Adviser