How to apply for establishing a new Cochrane Review Group (CRG) Satellite
Applications to establish a satellite of a Cochrane Review Group (CRG) should be discussed at an early stage, i.e. before undertaking the formal application process. Following this discussion an expression of interest letter should be sent to the Cochrane Editorial and Methods Department (EMD), stating the following:
- Why the satellite would be useful and what editorial, review prioritisation or knowledge translation work it will commit to take on e.g. increasing overall capacity for review production, managing a specific topic area within the CRG scope, running a prioritisation exercise etc.
- Confirmation that the proposed satellite team has sufficient skills and capacity to fulfil the role.
- Confirmation that the satellite leadership has sufficient expertise and experience to fulfil the role.
The following supporting documents should accompany the expression of interest letter:
- Letter of support from 1) the main CRG editorial base and 2) the host institution of the proposed satellite
- Conflict of interest declarations from CRG Satellite staff
- CVs for all CRG Satellite staff (if already appointed)
- Any evidence of funding that is in place to support the work of the satellite
All applications for a new CRG Satellite will be reviewed by the Senior Editor of the relevant CRG Network.
Following the assessment phase, the CRG Network Senior Editor will submit the application to the Editorial Board for their consideration and a final decision. In case of rejection, feedback will be provided.
Following application approval, the applicant will be contacted by the Governance Officer, at the CEO’s Office, Veronica Bonfigli (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start the formal registration process.
There are three steps in this process:
- Establishing the CRG Satellite in Archie
A Cochrane CRG Satellite Information Sheet will need to be completed with basic information about the new CRG Satellite
- The CRG must add information about the satellite to the CRG website
- For the official launch, a news item may be published on the Cochrane.org or the Cochrane Community website
If you have any questions on the CRG Satellite Registration process, please contact the Maria Gerardi, Project Support Officer, Editorial and Methods Department (email@example.com).