We have developed this informal exit interview questionnaire to promote frank, open and honest feedback on your experiences of being an ME/AME. We hope this chance to talk will provide some understanding about why people leave Cochrane, and give the MEs’ Exec a valuable opportunity to listen, gain insight and act on feedback. We hope that your feedback will enable us to adapt and offer the best possible support to MEs/AMEs to encourage contact with members of the Exec. This will help us to identify training needs, or other actions for the Exec to undertake on the behalf of MEs/AMEs.
Privacy - The content of this interview is confidential and will only be shared with other members of the ME executive. However, if we subsequently wanted to share some of your responses with others within Cochrane, providing the information was anonymised to guarantee your privacy, would that be acceptable to you? Y/N
About the ME role
- Can you tell me what initially attracted you to the ME role?
- What did you most like about your job?
- What did you most dislike about the ME role?
- Can you tell me why you are leaving your job?
- How would you describe your workload…was it
- Too little
- About right
- Varied but usually OK
- How was the training and support you received in your role as ME?
- What do you think were your career progression/professional development opportunities in your role as ME?
- Would you recommend the ME role to a friend (or apply yourself in the future?)
- Did you feel that the MEs Exec have kept you up-to-date about developments, policies and procedures within Cochrane?
- How was your interaction with the MEs Exec?
- What do you think the MEs Exec is doing well?
- Is there anything you think we could improve upon?
- Did you feel that the MEs Exec were approachable and responsive?
- What do you think Cochrane is doing well?
- What do you think Cochrane could improve upon?
Co-ordinating Editor and host institution
- How was your relationship with your Co-ordinating Editor(s)?
- How was your relationship with your host institution?
- Did you have regular performance development reviews with your line manager?
- Was your line manager your Co-ed or someone else within your employer institution?
- How was the work climate with your other colleagues within your Review Group?
- Did you have sufficient equipment and resources to let you do your job well?
- If I had a magic wand and could grant you wishes for things that would change your mind about leaving, what would you wish for?
- Do you have any other comments or suggestions that you would like to share?