The Senior Management Team proposes annual targets for delivery by the Cochrane Groups and Central Executive Team in support of Strategy to 2020. These are then considered by the Governing Board. The Targets approved by the Board for 2019 are as follows:
- Achieve the annual objectives and targets of Cochrane’s Content Strategy
- Assure the quality and consistency of Cochrane’s editorial process
- Make Cochrane Reviews more accessible to decision makers
- Review our policies on Open Access to Cochrane Reviews and datasets
- Continue to deliver more features and enhancements in the Cochrane Library
- Support health policy makers to use Cochrane evidence and new advocacy initiatives
- Build capacity in the Cochrane community to produce more complex reviews and undertake knowledge translation activities
- Evaluate, plan and begin implementation of an improved Editorial Management System for Cochrane Review production
- Strengthen Cochrane as a global organization through a series of initiatives
Read about the Targets in full: Strategy to 2020 2019 Targets.
In addition to the Targets, there is a significant body of work planned for 2019 to be undertaken by Groups and the Central Executive Team, funded by core funds. Work to deliver the Targets is supported by both core and Group funding.
How will we define success?
The Senior Management Team has developed a document that provides the Governing Board, and the wider Cochrane community, with a definition of success for each of the Strategy to 2020 Objectives; an assessment of predicted progress; and a framework for establishing the work remaining to be done to reach that definition of success. This document is intended to be relevant until 2020, but developed and updated as work is completed and the organization adapts to new circumstances. It’s an update of the version published in 2017.
For feedback and questions, you are welcome to contact Lucie Binder, Senior Advisor to the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archive of resources:
- 2018 targets report
- 2018 mid-year targets report
- 2018 Targets
- 2018 Plan & Budget
- Cochrane’s Future Publishing and Open Access Arrangements
- Cochrane's Strategy to 2020
- 2017 Targets Report
- Q2 2017 targets report
- A detailed overview of the Targets and how they will be implemented in 2017
- The Plan & Budget for 2017
- 2016 targets report
- 2016 mid-year targets report
- Strategy to 2020: 2016 targets
- Open Access Version of the 2016 Plan and Budget for centrally organized funds
- Delivery of the Strategy to 2020 in 2015: targets report
- Strategy to 2020: presentation by Mark Wilson at the 2016 UK & Ireland Symposium
- Interim progress report for 2015 targets
- Strategy to 2020: 2015 targets
- Annual Report on the Delivery of Strategy to 2020 targets for 2014
- Strategy to 2020: 2014 targets
- Strategy to 2020: final adoption by the members at the 2013 Annual General Meeting
- Strategy to 2020: presentation by Mark Wilson at the 2013 strategic session
- Strategic Planning Framework 2013