The Governing Board has approved five organizational targets this year, as part of the Strategy to 2020, which the Central Executive Team and Cochrane community will focus on. They are:
- Improving our technology and revising our processes to create more timely, consistent and efficient editorial and production systems. This will include selection of a new Editorial Management System, which will be implemented in 2020 and into 2021.
- New, more rigorous policies on Conflict of Interest will be implemented and Cochrane will strengthen and clarify its position on financial interests.
- This year there will be a consultation with external and internal stakeholders to achieve a common understanding of the challenges and opportunities for Cochrane in delivering universal, immediate Open Access to Cochrane Reviews whilst continuing to ensure organizational financial sustainability. The outputs of the consultation will directly inform any future revisions to existing policy.
- Plain Language Summaries (PLSs) are a key dissemination product created and published with every Cochrane Review. This project aims, through a pilot, to determine a new approach and format that simplifies and standardizes Cochrane’s PLSs to improve the readability and understandability of Cochrane evidence.
- A new strategic framework and plan will be developed and launched, setting out Cochrane’s priorities and decision-making framework from 2021 onwards.
You can read more about Cochrane’s 2020 Annual Targets here.
In addition to the Targets, there is a significant body of work planned for 2019 to be undertaken by Groups and the Central Executive Team, funded by core funds. Work to deliver the Targets is supported by both core and Group funding.
Read the proposed 2020 Plan & Budget to meet Strategy to 2020 Goals and Objectives.
Archive of resources:
- 2019 Plan & Budget to meet Strategy to 2020 Goals and Objectives
- Strategy to 2020: 2019 Targets End of Year Report
- Definition of success by 2020, an assessment of progress and a framework for work remaining
- 2019 Q3 Report
- 2018 targets report
- 2018 mid-year targets report
- 2018 Targets
- 2018 Plan & Budget
- Cochrane’s Future Publishing and Open Access Arrangements
- Cochrane's Strategy to 2020
- 2017 Targets Report
- 2017 Q2 targets report
- A detailed overview of the Targets and how they will be implemented in 2017
- The Plan & Budget for 2017
- 2016 targets report
- 2016 mid-year targets report
- Strategy to 2020: 2016 targets
- Open Access Version of the 2016 Plan and Budget for centrally organized funds
- Delivery of the Strategy to 2020 in 2015: targets report
- Strategy to 2020: presentation by Mark Wilson at the 2016 UK & Ireland Symposium
- Interim progress report for 2015 targets
- Strategy to 2020: 2015 targets
- Annual Report on the Delivery of Strategy to 2020 targets for 2014
- Strategy to 2020: 2014 targets
- Strategy to 2020: final adoption by the members at the 2013 Annual General Meeting
- Strategy to 2020: presentation by Mark Wilson at the 2013 strategic session
- Strategic Planning Framework 2013