Welcome to the homepage of Cochrane’s Central Editorial Service
There are two streams of work run by the Central Editorial Service:
- the Fast-Track (which handles the majority of Cochrane’s COVID reviews)
- the Editorial Independence and Efficiency pilot
This editorial process aims to expedite the publication of high-priority, high-impact reviews.
Author teams can submit reviews that meet the below criteria directly to the fast-track stream. Please contact email@example.com with your submission, or to discuss a prospective submission.
Cochrane Review Groups can also submit reviews that meet the below criteria to the fast-track stream. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your submission, or to discuss a prospective submission.
A review must meet the following criteria to be eligible for submission:
- The review must be commissioned (for example by a guideline developer or consumer group) or be a funded review (from a non-commercial source).
- The review meets our quality standards.
- The review has a protocol. This does not have to be published with Cochrane, as long as it complies with our standards for protocols.
The Central Editorial Service manages the editorial process for CRGs participating in the EIEP pilot. Please see this page for information about this project.