Join Cochrane Crowd for The Chile Challenge 2019!

Join Cochrane Crowd for The Chile Challenge 2019!

Cochrane Crowd are running a citation screening challenge to coincide with the 2019 Cochrane Colloquium, and everyone is welcome to join in to help reach our goal of 20,000 classifications in 48 hours!

Chile Challenge

When is it running?

Start: Tuesday 22nd October at 13:00 Chile time (GMT-3)

Finish: Thursday 24th October 13:00 Chile time (GMT-3)

How much time do I have to commit?

Of course, we’d love you to do the whole 48 hours! Just kidding. Any contribution is welcomed, whether it be a few five-minute grabs or a more focused effort.

Sounds good so far. But I’m new to Cochrane Crowd. What is it all about?

Your best bet is to watch our 2-minute video introduction here.

If I join in, what will I be doing?

Your mission in Cochrane Crowd is to identify studies that provide the best possible evidence of the effectiveness of a health treatment – the randomised trials. Once identified by the Crowd these studies go into a central register where health researchers and practitioners can access them.

Don’t be spooked by the science speak! You don’t need any prior knowledge to contribute to Cochrane Crowd.

Will there be prizes?

We’re glad you asked! Prizes will go to the top contributors at the Colloquium, and the top contributors taking part from other places around the world. What are the prizes, you ask? You’ll have to wait and see!

How do I sign up for the challenge?

There is no need to sign up for the challenge per se, you just have to make sure you’ve signed up to Cochrane Crowd before the challenge starts.

Sounds fun, can I tell all my friends about it and get them to join in?

Yes please! We want as many as possible to join us. Feel free to share this page (share buttons below).

For this challenge we’ll be tracking how many countries are represented in our participants, so we want people to take part from all over the world!

Is there a Twitter hashtag?

Sure is, we’ll be keeping in touch with #ChileChallenge2019.

How can I find out more?

You can email Emily and Anna from Cochrane Crowd at crowd@cochrane.org. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

16 October 2019