World-wide, over 10 million people per day access health-related information on Wikipedia. By participating in the Cochrane-Wikipedia Initiative we work together as a community to ensure that the health content being read on Wikipedia is reliable and unbiased.
How to get involved?
Cochrane has a new project page that includes an updated list of the reviews for each Cochrane Review Group that have not yet been shared on Wikipedia and a helpful "Getting Started" section for new Wikipedia editors.
Potential Cochrane-Wikipedia projects include:
- Holding an editing event
- Running a training seminar
- Student-trainee Wikipedia projects
- Updating existing citations on Wikipedia
- Translating medical evidence on Wikipedia initiatives
There are numerous Cochrane-Wikipedia activities being organized by Cochrane Review Groups and Networks.
- Please visit our project page for more information.
- If you have further questions, please contact Jennifer Dawson, PhD, who works with Cochrane’s CEO Office as a Wikipedia Consultant. Her role includes maintaining and building further relations with Wikipedia, connecting new editors to the Wikipedia community, and supporting requests for engagement in Wikipedia work from the Cochrane community.