Appointment of New Director of Development and External Relations at Cochrane

Nicky Benn, New Director of Development and External Relations

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Nicky Benn as the Director of Development and External Relations at Cochrane.

Nicky brings over 28 years of extensive experience in the non-profit sector. Her impressive background includes serving as a partner and senior consultant in a full service international development practice. In this role, she worked with nonprofit organizations to help them achieve their mission and vision through the development of executive strategy, operations planning, partnership brokering, and program design.

Nicky is passionate about facilitating and building high-performing senior teams that can design and deliver multi-million dollar, multi-purpose development programs across the public and private sectors. Her expertise, including her proven fundraising and networking skills, has seen her establish fruitful partnerships with various stakeholders including government agencies, foundations, corporations and communities.

She holds an MSc in Environmental Management, is a member of the Chartered Institute of Fundraisers, is certified in Facilitation for Professional Development and a graduate of the Oxford University Executive Strategy programme.

In accepting her new role, Nicky said: "I am thrilled to embark on this new chapter with Cochrane, an organization with such a strong reputation in advancing evidence based research and global health. I'm really looking forward to joining the team and getting down to work, using my experience to help drive sustainable growth and enhance Cochrane's global presence."

Comment from Catherine Spencer, CEO:

"I am delighted to welcome Nicky Benn to Cochrane as our new Director of Development and External Relations. Nicky brings extensive experience in strategic leadership within the healthcare and nonprofit sectors, demonstrating a strong track record in fundraising, stakeholder engagement, and organizational growth. Her passion for advancing evidence-based healthcare and commitment to improving public health aligns perfectly with Cochrane’s values and goals, making her an invaluable addition to our Executive Leadership Team. We are eager to leverage her expertise to further our mission and enhance our global impact.

Please join me in extending a warm welcome to Nicky as she joins the Cochrane community. We look forward to her leadership and the positive impact she will bring to our organization."

Nicky officially begins her role today, August 5th.

5 August 2024