New and updated blogshot 'How To' guide added.
Cochrane blue blogshot template added to each Community template folder.
New 'How to Video': Accessing stock and Cochrane Community photos
New 'How To Guide' for creating vlogshots and other media in Adobe Spark. Download the latest 'How To' zip folder from here.
A new easy way to check for broken links on your group's website!
Now you can directly check from the website admin interface whether pages on your website contain broken links. This can be done in two ways:
- At page level, by editing a page. If the page contains broken links, these will be listed at the top of the screen.
- At website level, by running the 'Broken links' report. This report can be accessed from the 'Reports > Broken links' menu item of the top black admin bar.
For each broken link, the report displays some useful information:
- The URL of the broken link.
- The type of broken link, i.e. the reason why the link is not working anymore. In general, those with a 404 Response, which corresponds to a Not found Error, (the resource the link is pointing at has been either deleted or moved to a different location/URL), are those to be fixed.
- Operations: you can Edit the node, i.e. the page that contains the broken link, or Edit link settings to see when the broken link was detected or to perform other operations.
the Cochrane Brand Guidelines have been extensively updated. Updates include the Structure and Function Review, new guidance on imagery, and colour accessibility.
A few little changes have been introduced in the look and feel of Cochrane websites:
- In all sites, all pages' titles are now more prominent as they have been moved further to the centre of the screen.
- In all sites, the headings within the content area of a page have been restyled in color and size
- On cochrane.org, community.cochrane.org and training.cochrane.org, links are now a bit more prominent as they are underlined by a light grey line
- On community.cochrane.org, given the number of the pages and therefore the complexity of its structure, breadcrumbs have been introduced to make it clearer where a page sits within the website
Now download the 'What are systematic reviews?' video to add to your off-line presentations.Check the 'About Cochrane' section for the download and link to the Youtube video.
Your Group may want to record a video message to promote an event or do an interview with an author about a review. A new tip sheet provides you with some guidance to creating a high quality video.
New and updated blogshot templates added to each of the Community colour template folders.
All group sites have been migrated to a newer version of the management platform, from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7. If you notice anything wrong or not consistent in your website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuals and videos will be soon updated and available on the Webmasters page.
Added infromation on updating contact infromation in Archie on the Webmasters page.
Updated information on finding pictures:
- Review page 56 of the Cochrane 'Brand Guideline’ document on how to select imagery.
- All images should illustrate our strapline: ‘Trusted evidence. Informed decisions. Better health’.
- Choose light and bright imagery that works in harmony with your group’s colour palette.
- Select positive, simple, and close-up images.
- For stock and Cochrane Community images: you can use any pictures found in the photo Dropbox folder for your Cochrane websites, newsletters, reports, printed materials, and social media posts. Pictures in this folder are updated weekly, so we recommend that you bookmark this Dropbox folder. Pictures are sorted into sub-folders and can also be searched for by keyword. l To access this photo folder, please email email@example.com
- For textures, general health and lifestyle: browse and search Unsplash; they offer free, high-resolution photos.
- Still looking?: We have a limited budget to purchase stock photos as support to groups each month. If you cannot find a photo that works for you, please let us know (e.g. topic specific, location specific). You may pick stock images from www.istock.comSend the name of image, URL link, and your group name to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will download the photo at no cost your group.
***New and improved Word templates added to each community template folder as well as new and very useful Word guidance added to the 'How to' guides folder***
More help added to the 'Cochrane Infographics and Blogshots' section:
Blogshots: Blogshots are a way of giving information in an image that can be shared on social media, like infographics. You can see examples here on Cochrane UK. You are welcome to share any blogshot found in our photo folder organized by Review Group. You can also create your own blogshots by downloading the template in your group’s colour under ‘Community Templates’ at the top of this page. Read tips on how to create and share blogshots in this Community Blogpost and on Evidently Cochrane. You can also read tips on how to translate Blogshots in this Community Blogpost.
Share your infographic or blogshot: We will help share your finished product with a wider audience! Save your item with the CD number of the Review in the title. Send the finished product (jpeg) and editable template (PowerPoint, for translation purposes) to email@example.com
New: Word and blogshot user guides have been added to the Community 'How To' guides folder in the brand pack. The blogshot user guide gives instructions for people wanting to translate Cochrane UK blogshots. The Word user guide gives detailed information for how to add the templates to your personal templates folder on your computer and lots more useful information.
Videos: Read ‘Creating an animated video summary of a Cochrane review’ on Visually Cochrane.
We have formalized the process to better support you with your Cochrane group’s branding needs. If you have brand requirements such as web banners or logos, or perhaps you need a document branded, please fill in the brand specification brief and email it to Holly Millward at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your branding needs. You can also contact Holly regarding all brand queries.