Dear Cochrane friends and colleagues,
I hope this message finds you well and healthy. I write with my update regarding Cochrane’s COVID-19 response and editorial projects over the past two weeks. More information about our work can be found on Cochrane.org.
- Rapid, point-of-care antigen and molecular-based tests for diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection. On March 24, Cochrane Infectious Diseases published an updated version of this diagnostic test accuracy review. Read the full review on the Cochrane Library.
- International travel‐related control measures to contain the COVID‐19 pandemic: a rapid review. On March 25, Cochrane Public Health published an updated version of this rapid review. Read the full review on the Cochrane Library.
- Chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
- To accompany this review, which was published in February, a visual abstract was published.
- An accompanying editorial, entitled “Contested effects and chaotic policies: the 2020 story of (hydroxy) chloroquine for treating COVID-19”, was published on March 25. Read the editorial on the Cochrane Library.
- COVID‐19 and its cardiovascular effects: a systematic review of prevalence studies. A podcast with the first author of this review was published on March 25. Listen to the podcast or read the full review on the Cochrane Library.
- New Cochrane Clinical Answers related to COVID have been published:
- Editorial Integrity and Efficiency Project: We officially launched the Editorial Integrity and Efficiency Project on March 23, and you should have received an email about this launch. Throughout the project, frequent updates will be provided on the project webpage, as well as in monthly Join the Conversation webinars and in these emails. To ask questions or provide feedback on this project, please use this query form.
- Join the Conversation: Thank you to Toby Lasserson for hosting this month’s webinar, and to Neil O’Connell, Eve Tomlinson, and Deirdre Beecher for their excellent presentations. Recordings from the webinar will soon be posted.
If you are taking some time over the coming days for leave, I wish you a good and restful break.
Stay well and best wishes,
Editor in Chief, Cochrane Library