Conflict of interest declaration: Alfonso Iorio

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 18 July 2021

Roles in: Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders Group

1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?

a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - As part of funding for research and education as indicated below.

b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speaker bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
No

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - My Institution (McMaster University) has received in the last three years project based funding via research or service agreements with Bayer, Grifols, NovoNordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer, Roche, Sobi and Takeda. Research projects are mostly in the space of individual pharmacokinetics tools and technology, patient reported outcome tools and technology, and clinical trials. Starting July 2020 I have also resigned from the PI position in many of the clinical trials and projects for which the funds above are provided. The process will be completed over the next few months, and I am not applying anymore as PI. I hold until October 2020 the McMaster-Bayer Endowed Research Chair for Clinical Epidemiology in Congental Bleeding Disorders (not providing personal salary, but available for supporting research; the Commercial sponsor had not input into use of the funds as per McMaster by-laws). I have resigned from the Chair in October 2020.

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
No

g) Royalty or licences payments?
No

h) Payment for expert testimony?
No

i) Payment for a fellowship?
No

j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
No

k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
No

2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
No