Conflict of interest declaration: Anne B Chang
1. In the past three years have you accepted the following from an organisation that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)?
a) Reimbursement for attending a conference or symposium (including travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - Invited speaker with flights (sometimes part) and accommodation paid for multiple scientific meetings organised by: American Thoracic Society, American Academy of Pediatrics, Malaysian Thoracic Society, Imperial college (London Cough symposium), Colombia Pediatric Thoracic Society, Asia Pacific Society of Respirology, Italian Pediatric and Respiratory Society, American Pediatric Academy with Canadian Pediatric Society, Philippines Academy of Pediatric Pulmonologists, International Congress on Pediatric Pulmonology (CIPP), International Cough Conference (China), International Congress of Paediatrics, National University of Singapore, Premier Pulmonology for the Paediatricians of the ASEAN region, Asian Society for Pediatric Research, American College of Chest Physicians, Korean Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Respiratory Diseases. The sole pharmaceutical company sponsored flights and accommodation paid I have accepted was from Johnston & Johnston (China) where my talk did not involve any of their products
b) Fees for speaking?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Funds for research?
Yes - Multiple national and state grants from government (NHMRC) and philanthropy organisations (all peer reviewed). The sole pharm research fund (investigator driven) was from GSK tat involves assessing the infleunce of children's prior vaccination on the bacteriology of the bronchoalveolar lavage in children
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Data safety monitoring board for a vaccine study (Glaxo); Advisor for study design of an unlicensed product (Merck).
g) Royalty payments?
Yes - Up to date and BMJ knwoledge series
2. In the past three years have you or your spouse/partner been employed by an organization that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
4. Do you hold any patents for products that that may lead you to gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Potential intellectual conflict (author in areas of interest)