Conflict of interest declaration: Michael PT Lunn
Updated on: 6 April 2021
Roles in: Neuromuscular Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - CSL Behring unrestricted economy travel sponsorship to PNS Italy 2019. Nil since
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Unrestricted and uninfluenced educational lecture on peripheral neuropathy to CSL Behring 2018 educational day. Nil since.
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - Drug safety monitoring board for ProCID study (Octapharma) - 2018-19 Independent Vaccine Safety Advisory Panel - AstraXZenenca Pharmaceuticals 2020-21 CSL Behring (2016 and 2017) one off Advisory Boards. UK Guideline on SCIG being written as a result of discussions at this meeting by others. Trial design advisory Board UCB pharma (2019) Trial design advisory Board Roche Pharmaceuticals (2021)
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - I am an employee of the National Health Service and treat patients in the NHS and privately on a daily basis with neurological diseases who may be treated with therapies and interventions that are the subject of Cochrane Systematic Reviews. I have been a local or national PI on trials of treatment for inflammatory neuropathies from CSL Behring, Novartis, UCB Pharma, as well as a PI on investigator led studies of IVIG and steroids in CIDP (OPTIC and IoC trial).