Conflict of interest declaration: Morris Gordon

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 29 December 2021

Roles in: Gut Group

1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?

a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - Since January 2019, I have received travel fees to attend international scientific and training meetings from two Pharma companies. These grants included no honoraria, inducement, advisory role or any other relationship and were restricted to the travel and meeting related costs of attending such meetings. These include: DDW May 2019 The companies include: Biogaia (2019) and Tillots (2019). Neither of these companies have had any involvement in any works completed by me and I have never had any payments for any other activities for them, as confirmed below. From this date onwards, I have made a personal undertaking to take no further funds from any pharmaceutical or formula company in any form for travel or other related activities. This is to lift the limitations such funding has on my ability to act as a first and corresponding author on reviews, in line with the Cochrane policies on such matters and is reported in line with these policies. These current declarations will expire in May 2022 and this statement updated regularly to reflect this.

b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speaker bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
No

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Grants and contracts?
No

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
No

g) Royalty or licences payments?
No

h) Payment for expert testimony?
No

i) Payment for a fellowship?
No

j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
No

k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
No

2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
No