Conflict of interest declaration: Catherine M Clase

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 10 June 2022

Roles in: Kidney and Transplant Group

1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?

a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - In 2018 I co-chaired a KDIGO potassium controversies conference sponsored at arm's length by Fresenius Medical Care, AstraZeneca, Vifor Fresenius Medical Care, Relypsa, and Bayer.

b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speaker bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - In 2019 I received an honorarium, travel and hotel reimbursement from Johnson and Johnson for an invited talk at an academic meeting.

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Grants and contracts?
No

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - 2017- present, I consult for the Ministry of Health, Ontario, receiving an hourly rate for review of special access applications for drugs. In 2019 I received an honorarium for attending an advisory board meeting for Janssen, the makers of canagliflozin.

g) Royalty or licences payments?
No

h) Payment for expert testimony?
No

i) Payment for a fellowship?
No

j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
No

k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
No

2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - I have previously received consultation, advisory board membership or research funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health, Pfizer, Leo Pharma, Astellas, Janssen, Amgen, Boehringer-Ingelheim and Baxter.