Conflict of interest declaration: Giovanni FM Strippoli

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 5 March 2020

Roles in: Kidney and Transplant Group

1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?

a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
No

b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
No

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Grants and contracts?
No

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I have been a consultant (until 2019) of Diaverum AB, a provider of renal services (dialysis clinics). Diaverum AB is not a product industry, it does not produce any dialysis related products, it is a service business that runs clinics where dialysis treatments are performed, under a private hospital model, and my consultancy work for them has been related to providing scientific advice and medical organizational advice about the running of dialysis clinics. There is no direct link of any type to reviews in which I am involved or which I edit, however this is declared here as there may be a perceived conflict. This matter has already been assessed in the past by the funding arbiter.

g) Royalty or licences payments?
No

2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
No

4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
No