Conflict of interest declaration: Nancy A Rigotti
Updated on: 15 February 2021
Roles in: Tobacco Addiction Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - In 2019 I received travel expenses to attend a 1-day Scientific Advisory Board for Pfizer's smoking cessation product, varenicline. This included a round trip flight from Boston to NYC, 1 night hotel say, and meals during the meeting. I did not accept any fee for participating in the meeting. I do not anticipate future travel support or meeting attendance for Pfizer.
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - I am the site PI for a contract from Achieve LifeSciences to Massachusetts General Hospital for a randomized trial of cytisine, an investigational smoking cessation medication.
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I receive consulting fees from Achieve LifeSciences, which is developing cytisine as a smoking cessation aid. They have an IND from the US FDA and are conducting Phase 3 clinical trials for registration. I have consulted with them on the study design of these trials and serve as the overall Principal Investigator for one of the two planned Phase 3 RCTs being done to provide evidence for FDA approval as a smoking cessation aid.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
Yes - I receive royalty payments for writing about tobacco cessation and electronic cigarettes for UpToDate, an online medical textbook.
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?