Conflict of interest declaration: Colin W Howden
Updated on: 17 February 2021
Roles in: Gut Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - Compensated for travel to an investigators' meeting in Budapest in February 2020 by Phathom Pharmaceuticals
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Within the past 3 years (2018-2021), I have bee a speaker for RedHill Biopharma, Alnylam, Alfasigma, Otsuka, Horizon
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - During the past 3 years (2018 - 2021), I have consulted for Redhill Biopharma, Phathom Pharmaceuticals, Ironwood, Alfasigma, US WorldMeds, Pfizer Consumer Health, Clexio
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - I was a member of the Data Safety Monitoring Board for a clinical trial sponsored by EndoStim.
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - Since 2019, I have owned stock in Antibe Therapeutics.
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Since 2016, I have been co-Editor of Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics.