Conflict of interest declaration: Gustavo A Zanoli
Updated on: 27 February 2022
Roles in: Musculoskeletal Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - J & J Depuy (implant manufacturer) Zimmer Biomet (implant manufacturer)
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
Yes - Clinica San Francesco SPA Casa di Cura Quisisana srl
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - J & J Depuy
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - My main income derives from clinical practice as an orthopedic surgeon (performing total joint replacement, arthroscopies and other types of surgeries), either directly from private patients or indirectly from the health system or insurances acting as a private consultant. Any review in favour of these interventions might indirectly increase my clinical activity and thus my income.