Conflict of interest declaration: Christopher G Maher

Roles in: Back and Neck Group, Musculoskeletal Group

1. In the past three years have you accepted the following from an organisation that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)?

a) Reimbursement for attending a conference or symposium (including travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - When I am an invited speaker my expenses are often covered by the conference

b) Fees for speaking?
No

c) Fees for organising education?
Yes - I am a University of Sydney employee and teach students

d) Funds for research?
Yes - I have received grants from Government, Industry and Philanthropy to fund my research.

e) Funds for a member of staff?
Yes - I have employed staff using funds from grants

f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I have received honoraria for reviewing grants and theses.

g) Royalty payments?
No

2. In the past three years have you or your spouse/partner been employed by an organization that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

4. Do you hold any patents for products that that may lead you to gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - I am a physiotherapist and some of the Cochrane reviews evaluate physiotherapy treatments