Conflict of interest declaration: Julie Bruce
Updated on: 16 March 2021
Roles in: Wounds Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - World Institute of Pain 2018, Workshop presentation (Travel and accommodation) Tissue Viability Society, oral presentation 2018 (Travel and accommodation) Member of Wounds Research Network (WREN) Scientific Committee since 2016 - no support
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - NIHR Funding for WHIST Trial (2016 to 2019) NIHR Funding for WOLLF Trial (2012 to 2017) NIHR HTA and PGfAR funding for non-wound studies (2017 - present)
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Co-author on study of failed back surgery, published in BMJ Open (Weir et al 2017), supported by Medtronic International Trading, Switzerland. Received consulting fee as advisor to project in 2017.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Member of NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) Panel West Midlands