Conflict of interest declaration: Carlos A Morillo
Updated on: 23 February 2022
Roles in: Heart Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Honoraria for lectures for Servier, Novartis, Boston Scientific, NovoPharma
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Unrestricted Research Grant Funding from Servier for Implementation of an Integrated Atrial Fibrillation Multidisciplinary Clinic. I did not receive the funds directly these go to the Libin Cardiovascular Institute Research Foundation Novartis provided a Grant in aide for the Implementation of a National Registry on Heart Failure Management. Similarly I act as a co-investigator and funds are managed by the Libin Cardiovascular Institute
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I sit in the advisory board for several companies: Medtronic, Abbott, Novartis, Servier, Boston Scientific. I am also the member of the steering committee of several clinical trials; PARACHUTE-HF, ELIMINATE-AF, EARLY-AF, STAR-AF I-III, VENUS-AF. Most funded by the Canadian Arrhythmia Network (CaNet), and the Canadian Institutes for Heath Research (CIHR), as well as the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - Advisory Board and Steering Committee Member ELIMINAT-AF Trial Sponsored by Daiichi-Sankyo Data Safety Monitoring Board BETTY Trial funded by NIH
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?