Conflict of interest declaration: Michael H Bennett
Updated on: 16 February 2021
Roles in: Anaesthesia Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Invited keynote speaker at several professional meetings, where I was paid expenses, travel and accommodation.
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Paid for a review of the activities of a hyperbaric facility in another hospital.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
Yes - Royalties from chapters in several textbooks.
h) Payment for expert testimony?
Yes - Have authored legal reports concerning cases involving diving mishaps.
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?