Conflict of interest declaration: Graeme J Hankey
Updated on: 23 February 2021
Roles in: Stroke Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Lectures at scientific symposia on stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation sponsored by Bayer Pharmaceuticals
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Advisory Board on stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation sponsored by Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and from Medscape (consulting about physician education regarding thrombosis and antithrombotic therapy)
g) Royalty or licences payments?
Yes - Taylor and Francis for book: Hankey's Clinical Neurology
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - AC Immune (Chair, Data Safety Monitoring Committee, of ACI-24–1801 trial of an immune therapy for Alzheimer’s disease)
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Fees from the American Heart Association for serving as Associate Editor, Circulation.