Conflict of interest declaration: Alison Edelman
Updated on: 22 February 2021
Roles in: Fertility Regulation Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Merck: My university receives funds for an Investigator initiated grant from Merck looking at a treatment for breakthrough bleeding on the ENG-contraceptive implant. I receive no funds directly. HRA-Pharma: My university receives funds for a study on a non-FDA approved progestin only pill. I receive no funds directly.
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Exeltis. Consultant reviewing data on a contraceptive method not FDA approved. Ended January 2019.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
Yes - 'Up to Date' author for the two topic. Topics are peer-reviewed regularly (every 6-12 months) Obesity and contraception Treatment of breakthrough bleeding on hormonal contraception
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - Gynuity (NGO). Advisory committee regarding strategic planning for a possible grant on the development of novel medical abortion medications. Ended 2018
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?