Conflict of interest declaration: Alison Edelman
1. In the past three years have you accepted the following from an organisation that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)?
a) Reimbursement for attending a conference or symposium (including travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Fees for speaking?
Yes - Resident research day speaker at UPenn and UPittsburgh Contraceptive Technology conferences
c) Fees for organising education?
Yes - Contraceptive Technology Conferences (Planning committee/authors)
d) Funds for research?
Yes - Investigator initiated grant from Merck looking at a treatment for breakthrough bleeding on an contraceptive implant
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Agile pharmaceuticals for a novel contraceptive patch that is not commercially available at this time HRA Pharma for protocol development of a missed pill study (pill not commercially available) Gynuity for grant on novel medical abortion medications. all pre-clinical conversations
g) Royalty payments?
Yes - I am an up to date author for the two topics: Obesity and contraception Treatment of breakthrough bleeding on hormonal contraception
2. In the past three years have you or your spouse/partner been employed by an organization that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
4. Do you hold any patents for products that that may lead you to gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?