Conflict of interest declaration: Ian Needleman
Updated on: 11 March 2022
Roles in: Oral Health Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - Procter and Gamble/Oral B Sunstar GSK
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - British Dental Association Danish Dental Association
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Unrestricted research grant from GSK Research support from Dermbiont
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - GSK, P&G, BrickBuilt technologies
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
Yes - Unrestricted funding to the British Society of Periodontology Patient Forum from GSK
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - Dermbiont
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - European Advisory Board, P&G European Federation of Periodontology guidelines working groups