Conflict of interest declaration: Jonathan Ross
Updated on: 25 February 2020
Roles in: STI Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Funds provided to my hospital research unit from GSK Pharma, Gilead Pharma, Mycovia
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Personal consultancy fees received from GSK Pharma, Mycovia and Nabriva Therapeutics
g) Royalty or licences payments?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - Ownership of shares in GSK Pharma and AstraZeneca Pharma
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - Author of the UK and European Guidelines on Pelvic Inflammatory Disease; Member of the European Sexually Transmitted Infections Guidelines Editorial Board; Member of the National Institute for Health Research Funding Committee (Health Technology Assessment programme). NIHR Journals Editor and associate editor of Sexually Transmitted Infections journal. Officer of the International Union against Sexually Transmitted Infections (treasurer), and a charity trustee of the Sexually Transmitted Infections Research Foundation.