Conflict of interest declaration: David Friedman

Roles in: Eyes and Vision Group

1. In the past three years have you accepted the following from an organisation that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)?

a) Reimbursement for attending a conference or symposium (including travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - I am on the Board of Governors for the World Glaucoma Association and had housing covered for the meeting in Guadalajara in 2016. I spoke in Singapore and had funding covered by Alcon

b) Fees for speaking?
Yes - Alcon to speak in Singapore Jobson Publishing for lectures to optometrists SkiVision for lecturing

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Funds for research?
Yes - Icare Finland provided funds to carry out research with a new home tonometer

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Nidek provided funds for consultation Foresight Vision5 provided consulting fees Aerie Pharmaceuticals (I have not received any fees but have a consulting agreement)

g) Royalty payments?
No

2. In the past three years have you or your spouse/partner been employed by an organization that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

4. Do you hold any patents for products that that may lead you to gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
No