Conflict of interest declaration: S. Chris Malaisrie
Updated on: 23 February 2021
Roles in: Heart Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - Edwards, Medtronic, Abbott, Cryolife, Terumo
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speaker bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Edwards, Abbott, Terumo
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Edwards PARTNER Trial - principal investigator Vascutek Thoraflex Trial Bolton NBS Trial LivaNova CEC Caisson
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Edwards, Medtronic, Abbott, Cryolife
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the Group/Unit?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?