Conflict of interest declaration: John C Ruckdeschel
Updated on: 19 February 2021
Roles in: Lung Cancer Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - CONSULTANT FOR RTMS Ltd LLC WHICH IS DEVELOPING A BREATH ANALYSIS DEVICE FOR EARLY DETECTION OF LUNG CANCER CONSULT FOR GENYOUS-OMNITURA WHICH IS DEVELOPING A NEW CLASS OF COMPOUNDS THAT MAY ULTIMATELY BE USED IN LUNG CANCER Chief Medical Officer for tech firm developing software to utilize natural language processing in extracting clinical information from nstructured notes in the EHR
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
Yes - Medical malpractice cases
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - Served and serve on DSMBs for IQVIA and Watermark
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
Yes - I OWN SHARES IN PRO LUNG, RTMS Ltd AND GENYOUS OMNITURA. SEE ABOVE
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?