Conflict of interest declaration: Donna Z Bliss
Updated on: 16 February 2021
Roles in: Incontinence Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - I have 2 subcontracts as part of NIH grants with Innovative Design Labs for assisting to assist in developing and evaluating innovative educational technologies such as a bariatric mannequin and wearable simulator vest. I am PI of a grant funded by NINR, NIH. problems.
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I am on the Clinical Advisory Board of Principle Business Enterprises, Inc. (a company that makes absorbent products)and receive an honorarium for my consultation re: research and development.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
h) Payment for expert testimony?
i) Payment for a fellowship?
j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
Yes - I chaired a DSMB of a multi-site clinical effectiveness study comparing treatment for fecal incontinences study, that ended in Sept. 2020, funded by NIDDK, NIH and received an honorarium.
k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - i received an honorarium for reviewing grant proposals for NIH and FWO in the Netherlands.