Conflict of interest declaration: Donna Z Bliss

Roles in: Incontinence Group

1. In the past three years have you accepted the following from an organisation that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)?

a) Reimbursement for attending a conference or symposium (including travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
Yes - I received travel expenses and accommodation from Hartmann in 2016 and 2017 for speaking at a conference. Hartmann manufactures incontinence absorbent products which might be affected by a review about these products.

b) Fees for speaking?
Yes - I received an honorarium from Hartmann for speaking at a conference in 2016 and 2017. Hartmann manufactures incontinence absorbent products which might be affected by a review about these products.

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Funds for research?
Yes - I received a research grant from Hartmann in 2016. Hartmann manufactures incontinence absorbent products which might be affected by a review about these products. I have a subcontract with Innovative Design Labs for assisting to evaluate a simulation educational program using pressure injury as an exemplar. Incontinence is a risk for pressure injury.

e) Funds for a member of staff?
Yes - The research grant from Hartmann in 2016 noted in other fields included funds to pay for some hours of an undergraduate research assistant. Hartmann manufactures incontinence absorbent products which might be affected by a review about these products.

f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I received fees for consulting from Domtar in 2017 that makes absorbent products for incontinence.

g) Royalty payments?
No

2. In the past three years have you or your spouse/partner been employed by an organization that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in companies that may gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

4. Do you hold any patents for products that that may lead you to gain or lose financially from the publication of reviews by your review group in the CDSR?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
No