Conflict of interest declaration: John AF Zupancic
Updated on: 15 July 2020
Roles in: Neonatal Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
Yes - Dr. Zupancic has received honoraria for lecturing for various academic and non-profit organizations, including universities, hospitals, the Vermont Oxford Network and Mednax.
c) Fees for organising education?
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - Dr. Zupancic is a co-investigator on the following grants: 1. Deborah Munroe Noonan Memorial Research Fund Award 2. NHLBI - Transfusions of Preterms Trial (PI: Kirpalani) 3. NIMHD - 1R01MD013969-01A1 - REDUCING DISPARITY IN RECEIPT OF MOTHER’S OWN MILK IN VERY LOW BIRTH WEIGHT INFANTS: AN ECONOMIC INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE ADHERENCE TO SUSTAINED MATERNAL BREAST PUMP USE (Role: consultant, PI: Dr. Aloka Patel) 4. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - A Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Seattle-PAP for the Respiratory Support of Premature Infants (Consultant, subcontract with Nationwide Children’s Hospital; PI: Dr. Carl Backes) 5. NICHD - 1 R01 HD094794-01A1 - Optimizing Family Counseling for Anticipated Extremely Preterm Delivery (Role: Co-Investigator, PI: Dr. Christy Cummings)
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - Dr. Zupancic has provided consulting services to Sera Prognostics
g) Royalty or licences payments?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?