Conflict of interest declaration: Maria I Rodriguez
Updated on: 25 February 2020
Roles in: Fertility Regulation Group
1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
c) Fees for organising education?
Yes - I have served 3 times as a contraceptive trainer for the implant. This training is mandated by the US Food and Drug Administration.
d) Grants and contracts?
Yes - My institution has received funds from Merck to study immediate postpartum contraception
e) Funds for a member of staff?
f) Fees for consulting?
Yes - I have served on an advisory board for Bayer Pharmaceuticals and advised on how to train health care providers on IUD insertion in low resource settings.
g) Royalty or licences payments?
2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by or do you or they own a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in the broad topic area of the CRG?
4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to the broad topic area of the CRG?
5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?