Conflict of interest declaration: Robert J Boyle

Updated on: 23 February 2024

Roles in: Co-ordinating Editors' Board, Editorial Board

1. In the past 36 months have you accepted the following from a commercial organisation with a financial interest in any topic covered in the Cochrane Library?

a) Support for attending meetings, including sabbaticals and study tours (this covers travel, accommodation and/or hospitality)?
No

b) Payment or honoraria for lectures, presentations, speakers bureaus, manuscript writing, or educational events?
No

c) Fees for organising education?
No

d) Grants and contracts?
No

e) Funds for a member of staff?
No

f) Fees for consulting?
No

g) Royalty or licences payments?
No

h) Payment for expert testimony?
No

i) Payment for a fellowship?
No

j) Payment for participation on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, Advisory Board, or Guideline Panel?
No

k) Payment for a leadership or other fiduciary role in other board, society, committee, or advocacy group?
No

2. In the past 36 months have you, your spouse/partner or an immediate family member been employed by, or do you or they own, a commercial organization with a financial interest in any topic covered in the Cochrane Library?
No

3. Do you own stocks or shares in a commercial organization with a financial interest in any topic covered in the Cochrane Library?
No

4. Do you hold any patents (planned, issued or pending) for products relevant to any topic covered in the Cochrane Library?
No

5. Do you have any other competing interests (financial or non-financial)?
Yes - I have undertaken expert witness work related to food allergy in the UK I have undertaken expert witness work related to infant formula health claims in the US I am paid for editorial work as joint editor in chief of a Wiley specialty journal Clinical and Experimental Allergy