Conflict of interest declaration: L Susan Wieland

Updated on: 11 April 2023

Roles in: Cochrane Complementary Medicine

1. Financial interests

a) Received research funding: any grant, contract or gift, commissioned research, or fellowship from The Cochrane Collaboration or a related organisation (i.e. any organisation related to health care or medical research) to conduct research?
Yes - I am co-principal investigator on a grant from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) of the US National Institutes of Health. The grant is to support the methods, conduct and dissemination of systematic research in complementary and integrative health, and funds my university employment.

b) Had paid consultancies: any paid work, consulting fees (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
No

c) Received honoraria: one-time payments (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
Yes - I received an honorarium for a one-time lecture to graduate students at Georgetown on EBM and Cochrane. I also received an honorarium to present on Cochrane at a meeting of government officials and health researchers in Seoul South Korea sponsored by Hanyang University College of Medicine.

d) Served as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or held a position of management with a related organisation?
No

e) Possessed share-holdings, stock, stock options, equity with a related organisation (excludes mutual funds or similar arrangements where the individual has no control over the selection of the shares)?
No

f) Received personal gifts from a related organisation?
No

g) Had an outstanding loan with a related organisation?
No

h) Received royalty payments from a related organisation?
No

2. Do you have any other competing interests that could pose a conflict of interest that would reasonably appear to be related to the primary interest?
No