Conflict of interest declaration: Mario Tristan

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 23 February 2022

Roles in: Cochrane Central America and Spanish-speaking Caribbean

1. Financial interests

a) Received research funding: any grant, contract or gift, commissioned research, or fellowship from The Cochrane Collaboration or a related organisation (i.e. any organisation related to health care or medical research) to conduct research?
Yes - EU (European Union) F7th MASCOT https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/100285/factsheet/en FECASOG ( Federacion Centroamericna de Asociaciones de Ginecologia Y Obtetricia . Wellcome TRust World Bank Interamerican Development Bank DIME Universidad Nacional de El Salvador, Facultad de Medicina UNITEC (Universidad Tecnologica de Honduras ) Facultad de Medicina (Private University) Harvard Medical School Genzyme- Sanofi Avanti Rare diseases program Univeridad Iberoamericana- Costa Rica Faculty of Medicine. ROCHE CENTRAL AMERICA HOSPITAL METROPOLITANO DE SANTIAGO ( DOMINICAN REPUBLIC)

b) Had paid consultancies: any paid work, consulting fees (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
Yes - World Bank contract for Central America clinical guidelines program development. Interamerican Development Bank consultancy for the development and publication of two Technology evaluations. Roche Technolgy evaluation Atezolizumab for lung microcytic cancer, hepatocellular cancer and Triple-negative breast cancer. Interamerican Development Bank - DIME Technolgy Evaluation Pembrolizumab for Metastasic Melanoma Cancer.

c) Received honoraria: one-time payments (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
Yes - Ministries of health of Honduras, El Salvador, Dominican and Ecuador, invited me, to lecture on the results of the Health Technolgy Evaluation: "Effectivity and security of Natalizumab compared with Fingolimod, and Alemtuzumab in patients with relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) resistant to Interferon treatment", I led under the contract with the Interamerican development Bank High cost Medicines . Genzyme- Sanofi Aventis covered the travel and all expenses for these presentations. Ministries of health of Honduras invited me, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Ecuador to lecture on the results of the Health Technolgy Evaluation: "Effectivity and security of Natalizumab compared with Fingolimod, and Alemtuzumab in patients with relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) resistant to Interferon treatment", I led under the contract with the Interamerican development Bank High cost Medicines . Genzyme- Sanofi Aventis covered the travel and all expenses for these presentations.

d) Served as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or held a position of management with a related organisation?
Yes - European Union F 7th MASCOt Methods coordinator

e) Possessed share-holdings, stock, stock options, equity with a related organisation (excludes mutual funds or similar arrangements where the individual has no control over the selection of the shares)?
No

f) Received personal gifts from a related organisation?
No

g) Had an outstanding loan with a related organisation?
No

h) Received royalty payments from a related organisation?
No

2. Do you have any other competing interests that could pose a conflict of interest that would reasonably appear to be related to the primary interest?
Yes - We have a paid consultancy with ROCHE Central America for developing HTA reports on some specific cancer treatments.