Conflict of interest declaration: Ruth Garside

This submission is more than 12 months old!

Updated on: 2 March 2022

Roles in: Qualitative and Implementation Methods Group

1. Financial interests

a) Received research funding: any grant, contract or gift, commissioned research, or fellowship from The Cochrane Collaboration or a related organisation (i.e. any organisation related to health care or medical research) to conduct research?
Yes - 2022-27 NIHR £70,000 (PI R Garside) A development and feasibility study for an RCT on the effectiveness of Nature on Prescription for mental ill health. B Lovell, K Husk, K Wyatt, S Creanor, O Ukoummune, GJ Melendez Torres, A Spencer, F Thomas. ESRC £5,005,851 (Co-I) Advancing Capacity for Climate and Environment Social Science (ACCESS) Agile and responsive environmental social science. P Devine-Wright (PI) plus 30 colleagues. 2021-23 Defra £887,413 (Co-I) Preventing and Tackling Mental Ill Health through Green Social Prescribing Project Evaluation. A Haywood (PI) (ScHARR), C Dayson (SHU). 2019-24 NIHR Policy Research Programme Facility £2,564,548 (Co-I) Evidence Review Facility to support national policy development and evaluation. J Thompson-Coon (PI), GJ Melendez-Torres, M Rogers, K Liabo, C Hulme, M Turner, R Anderson, K Stein, S Logan. 2019-22 BBSRC/NERC-CONICET £1,200,000 (Co-I) Developing a conceptual framework to improve understanding of AMR in livestock systems: translating research into policy and practice. W Gaze (PI), R Garside, A Leonard, A Murray, E Pitchforth. 2019-23 EU Horizon 2020 £13,370,000 (Co-I) (£385,920 to Exeter) RECONECT: Regenerating ECOsystems with Nature-based solutions for hydro-meteorological risk rEduCTion 2019-20 DEFRA £160,667 (PI R Garside) Understanding what works and supporting provision of nature-based therapeutic interventions for people with mental illness. Co-Is B Lovell, N Orr, K Husk, R McEachen, I Dickie. 2019-20 NERC £99,929 (PI R Garside) AMR exposure and transmission from the environment. . Co-Is W Gaze, A Leonard, A Bethel.

b) Had paid consultancies: any paid work, consulting fees (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
Yes - Paid training NICE “Introduction to mixed methods synthesis.” NICE (online). 26-28 April 2021. “Systematic reviews of quantitative and qualitative evidence: mixed methods synthesis.” NICE, London. 20-21 January 2020.

c) Received honoraria: one-time payments (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
No

d) Served as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or held a position of management with a related organisation?
Yes - Associate Professor in Evidence Synthesis University of Exeter. Board member Collaboration for Environmental Evidence

e) Possessed share-holdings, stock, stock options, equity with a related organisation (excludes mutual funds or similar arrangements where the individual has no control over the selection of the shares)?
No

f) Received personal gifts from a related organisation?
No

g) Had an outstanding loan with a related organisation?
No

h) Received royalty payments from a related organisation?
No

2. Do you have any other competing interests that could pose a conflict of interest that would reasonably appear to be related to the primary interest?
Yes - CoChair Campbell Collaboration Methods Group Member UK Centre for the Collaboration for Environmental Evidence