Welcome to the 2021 Cochrane Groups reporting
Why is it important that Cochrane Groups report on their finances, resources, and activities?
The information you provide in this survey aims to:
- help Cochrane Groups, the Governing Board, and the Central Executive Team understand the overall status of Cochrane’s finances and resources, and the collective outputs, outcomes, and impact of Cochrane Groups towards achieving Cochrane’s vision and mission.
- identify and address any issues and risks Groups are facing as soon as possible.
- identify opportunities to support Groups and inform sustainability, fundraising, risk management, and strategic planning, including Cochrane's open access ambitions.
- inform the public and funders about Cochrane's income sources, overall resource costs, and collective outputs, outcomes, and impact.
Which Cochrane Groups need to complete the survey this year?
- All active Cochrane Groups who were registered before 2021 need to complete the survey. If your Group was registered in 2021, you will start reporting in 2022.
- Cochrane Groups include:
- Geographic Groups including Centres, Associates, and Affiliates
- Methods Groups
- Review Groups (CRGs) and CRG Satellites
Technical and logistical aspects
- Please choose one colleague from your Group who will complete the survey. Only one person per Group should submit the information.
- Log in with your Cochrane Account to complete the survey.
- You can save and edit a draft of the survey as often as you need and submit your final version later.
- Review the survey as soon as possible and check what data you need. You may need some time to collect the required information. You can download a Word version of the survey to help you gather the data, and a completed PDF sample, which illustrate how to fill out the survey.
- After you have gathered all information, you will need 20-30 minutes to complete the survey. You will need a continuous internet connection.
- Please complete the survey by 15 October 2021.
Survey content and required data
We are collecting Information for your Group's most recent complete financial year or preferred reporting period: a 12-month period ending in 2020 or 2021. For most Groups, this will be January to December 2020, or April 2020 to March 2021. You will be able to specify your most recent complete financial year or preferred reporting period in the survey.
The survey asks for the following information for your most recent complete financial year or preferred reporting period:
- Types, funders, and amounts of your Group’s income
- Use of your income by activity
- Types and amounts of in-kind support
- Number, full-time equivalent (FTE), and expertise of you Group’s core staff
- Estimation of future resources
- Selected activities and impact of your Group
Some questions will be required, other questions will be optional. And you may skip some questions depending on the answers you give to previous questions.
What happens with the survey data and results?
- You will receive a copy of your own submission. Geographic Associates and Affiliates are encouraged to share their submission with their Centre, and Review Group Satellites with their Review Group.
- Central Executive Team staff will analyze the survey responses and produce an internal report for Cochrane’s Governing Board and Senior Management Team.
- An anonymized version of the report, which does not disclose individual data from Cochrane Groups, will be shared with all Cochrane Groups and will be publicly available.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.